Anybody have info on renewal classes?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

KAP Guns Owner

• Members
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Does anybody know anything about renewal classes? Requirements? Is shooting required?

NRA Endowment Member ISRA Life Member NSSF Member NRA Pistol Instructor Illinois FCCL Instructor
NRA Chief Range Officer NROI Range Officer USPSA Open Division B class IDPR FCC Certified
Glock Armorer Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer ASC Zombie Shoot Survivor

#2 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

Yes, shooting is required.

http://illinoiscarry...12#entry1079669

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#3 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

I think we pretty much have a very good idea. As you can see it was discussed before. I think the only thing we are waiting on is a new certificate from the ISP.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#4 stm

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

I think we pretty much have a very good idea. As you can see it was discussed before. I think the only thing we are waiting on is a new certificate from the ISP.

I think there is a spot on the certificate to designate the 3 hour refresher training.

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#5 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

I think there is a spot on the certificate to designate the 3 hour refresher training.

Training certificates changed like 3 or 4 times, but the certificate I have been using since 2015 does not have a spot for renewals. If you have a copy, will you please forward it to me?

This is unless of course they prefer we check the box and fill in "3" for renewals.  Which I don't think is correct because the certificate states Section 75 b and 75 c which pertain to new licenses. Renewals is section 75 d. 

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

#6 ScopeEye

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

Tag for info

Illinois Carry Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA

#7 stm

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

Training certificates changed like 3 or 4 times, but the certificate I have been using since 2015 does not have a spot for renewals. If you have a copy, will you please forward it to me?
This is unless of course they prefer we check the box and fill in "3" for renewals.  Which I don't think is correct because the certificate states Section 75 b and 75 c which pertain to new licenses. Renewals is section 75 d. 

My mistake, I was thinking of the older certificates.

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#8 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Anywho, I emailed ISP asking when they would be sending out new certificates and they said,  "There will be information provided once we get closer to the renewal time period."

Hopefully, they don't wait until October.

-Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users