ankle holster

Windermere

Any of you guys ankle carry and can make a good recommendation?

I've done some research and basically, all i see is spandex, velcro, and neoprene combos. is that pretty much all there is to offer?

From the research i did, i think i like the bugbite.

I'm getting them as stocking stuffers for some family members and maybe one for myself.

Thanks in advance.

Guess I shouldn’t answer as I don’t have one but the only ones that I have looked at that seemed like they would work are the two banded ones. One band around the ankle and one support band farther up your calf where your calf starts to get smaller. Seems like anything else would just slide down your ankle, at least mine. My lower legs taper down to the ankle and it just looks to me that a single strap wouldn’t stand a chance of staying in place.

Guess I shouldn’t answer as I don’t have one but the only ones that I have looked at that seemed like they would work are the two banded ones. One band around the ankle and one support band farther up your calf where your calf starts to get smaller. Seems like anything else would just slide down your ankle, at least mine. My lower legs taper down to the ankle and it just looks to me that a single strap wouldn’t stand a chance of staying in place.

Yes, I definitely agree double band design is better.

There's a similar method of concealment with a different attachment point. If the people getting them wear boots I know there are holsters that lace into the boot. This solves a bunch of issues with shifting, retention, and comfort/chafing.

https://www.ondutygear.com/ggb416?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1haukKl87YHWUfwzb3-xpxTfTVSirmCVzpgLueKKVnt_-BJHu9he8DkGRoCgrcQAvD_BwE

There's a similar method of concealment with a different attachment point. If the people getting them wear boots I know there are holsters that lace into the boot. This solves a bunch of issues with shifting, retention, and comfort/chafing.

https://www.ondutygear.com/ggb416?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1haukKl87YHWUfwzb3-xpxTfTVSirmCVzpgLueKKVnt_-BJHu9he8DkGRoCgrcQAvD_BwE

That is actually pretty slick!

Thanks for the info guys

Archived