City of Elgin Proclaims Emergency Powers - allows for ban on public possession, carrying, or sales of weapons

Roger Z

I thought that I remembered the Katrina incident.

I guess this is a little different in that Katrina involved outright confiscation, while this deals with sales.

Still, I doubt that any of these restrictions on purchase will pass the legal challenges.

We have the right to obtain the tools to protect our lives from robbers and riots.

Hopefully, it will not get that bad.

We SHOULD have the right to have the tools that we need to protect ourselves and our families. But I have no doubt that the people that run this State would prefer we be defenseless, totally unable to defend ourselves, and be hurt or killed rather than give us (or let us keep) the right to self defense if they had the full power to make that decision. Just as Mike Bloomberg did not apparently see an conflict with saying that as a billionaire and former mayor he is an important person, fully entitled to surround himself with armed guards, but that ordinary people should have no such right. Pritzker, Madigan, Lightfoot and others in the power political class are more important and more valuable than we are, in their opinion and would not lose a night's sleep over our deaths at the hands of thugs.

Archived