Concealed Carry Application by Numbers

davy92

The articles which accompany the chart cover familiar ground but are interesting for their tone - fair and fact-based, in marked contrast to the typical Trib coverage of anything having to do with firearms. There's an excellent interview with Mary Shepard, and the articles on license denials are objective but, if anything, sympathetic.

Turning a corner as far as public perception of concealed carry is concerned, perhaps?

Remember during the debate the media was reporting 400,000 the first year. My brother is a suburban police chief and used that ISP number. I told him if it reaches 250,000 I'll be completly floored. its fast become a nonstory. No blood in the street and no mad dash to get them. This is the way it should be. I'm in Mchenry Co. and got mine in under 60 days. I can tell you that carring my mdl 59 is not convienet or comfortable, and I seldom do. It is nice to have won a major battle like

this, the fight was the most interesting part of the whole deal. Rather anitclimatic though.

Now on to full NFA collectabilty in Illinois.

Interesting that there must be roughly 10,000 applications that were started but not submitted. 79,000 applications were submitted, but I was number 89,xxx when I submitted my app last week.

Iirc, there was a gap of something like 3000-5000 in the application numbers around the time it was opened to the public

Archived