Address change question.

Brad O.

• 1 month later...
just submitted my address change for FOID and FCCL. $81.88 to update your address. Illinois - the land of outrageous taxes and fees.

Update. I received my concealed carry license in the mail this afternoon. 95 days from address change to license in the mail. I did not originally submit fingerprints. And did not submit fingerprints with the address change either.

This is very similar to the amount of time it originally took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 6 months later...

I submitted an address change for both my FOID and CCL on 3/14/17. I had an issue in the past when I initially applied for my CCL where I had received a LEO objection which I successfully argued against and received the license. I really hope I don't get flagged for the same crap and have to present my case to the Board again. I'll update this thread when I have more information. Based on the timeline from others, if everything goes smoothly, I'm guessing the new FOID should be received before the end of April with the new CCL maybe 2-3 weeks later.

Are CCL's still valid during the address change process? Thanks

I submitted an address change for both my FOID and CCL on 3/14/17. I had an issue in the past when I initially applied for my CCL where I had received a LEO objection which I successfully argued against and received the license. I really hope I don't get flagged for the same crap and have to present my case to the Board again. I'll update this thread when I have more information. Based on the timeline from others, if everything goes smoothly, I'm guessing the new FOID should be received before the end of April with the new CCL maybe 2-3 weeks later.

Are CCL's still valid during the address change process? Thanks

Yes. My friend just went through the process. He contacted Senator Haine's office, who helped him out. He received a letter stating his current was good for 60 days. He was getting close to the end of the 60 days, called the senator's office back. They contacted him the next day (Tuesday) stating he would be receiving his FOID and Carry License in the mail this week. He received the FOID yesterday and his license today.

• 2 weeks later...
I submitted an address change for both my FOID and CCL on 3/14/17. I had an issue in the past when I initially applied for my CCL where I had received a LEO objection which I successfully argued against and received the license. I really hope I don't get flagged for the same crap and have to present my case to the Board again. I'll update this thread when I have more information. Based on the timeline from others, if everything goes smoothly, I'm guessing the new FOID should be received before the end of April with the new CCL maybe 2-3 weeks later. Are CCL's still valid during the address change process? ThanksYes. My friend just went through the process. He contacted Senator Haine's office, who helped him out. He received a letter stating his current was good for 60 days. He was getting close to the end of the 60 days, called the senator's office back. They contacted him the next day (Tuesday) stating he would be receiving his FOID and Carry License in the mail this week. He received the FOID yesterday and his license today.

Somebody needs to ask Sen. Haines where that 60 day limitation came from.

For once during the whole ordeal of waiting for a CCLRB decision that I'm actually glad my CCL hasn't been issued yet. I moved from Cook County to Lake County recently and the address change was $6.... the slow State of Illinois, saved me $80, granted this adds another month to waiting for the CCLRB as they won't issue a CCL unless you have an Active FOID!!!! It just never stops. By the time I get my CCL folks will be carrying ray guns.......

For once during the whole ordeal of waiting for a CCLRB decision that I'm actually glad my CCL hasn't been issued yet. I moved from Cook County to Lake County recently and the address change was $6.... the slow State of Illinois, saved me $80, granted this adds another month to waiting for the CCLRB as they won't issue a CCL unless you have an Active FOID!!!! It just never stops. By the time I get my CCL folks will be carrying ray guns.......

Phasers

Phasers

Heck - they won't let FCCL holders carry Tasers, and they're not even in the same category as firearms. Maybe if/when they change the FCCL to a CWL.

• 2 weeks later...

My FOID ended up coming around 5/5. I also just checked the ISP website this morning and now my CCL is active as of 5/9. So all in all, 40 days for the FOID to go active and 50 days total until receiving it and 54 days for the CCL to go active but0 haven't received it yet.

This address change wait crap and the associated pricing for it needs to be changed!

Archived