Photo

Army Corps of Engineers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 papa

• Members
  • 5,405 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

The Army Corps of Engineers may be having a change of heart . We might be able to carry on Corps managed land soon.

http://www.responsea...amendment-boost

#2 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

What is Army Corps of Engineers managed land? I'm not familiar with it.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#3 papa

• Members
  • 5,405 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

The land and campgrounds surrounding the lakes made by the dams Corps of Engineers have built. In Southern Illinois that would be Rend Lake and Carlyle Lake.

#4 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

The land and campgrounds surrounding the lakes made by the dams Corps of Engineers have built. In Southern Illinois that would be Rend Lake and Carlyle Lake.

Ah ok. Never been to Southern IL so I wouldn't have been there. Any other spots like that up North?

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#5 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,651 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

And Lake Shelbyville.

Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#6 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,651 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Ah ok. Never been to Southern IL so I wouldn't have been there. Any other spots like that up North?

Google Corps of Engineers in IL.  Some pools on the Mississippi, a spot or two on the Illinois and also the Ohio.

Hoping this happens sooner than later.

AB

Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#7 richp

• Members
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

There are a number of Corp sites on both sides of the Mississippi that we visit for camping.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

#8 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,369 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

Nice!  I imagine their willingness to reconsider stems from the change of administration from "hater-of-all-freedoms" Obama.  This would be a good one to change.  The "no firearms" policy is not that well known and COE land is sometimes unclear.  I would imagine a large number of people unwittingly break federal law on a daily basis on this one, and the law has no good reason.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#9 soylentgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

I hope the DoD will change their policy at military bases soon as well. My brother is a reservist and a CCL holder. There's no reason I can think of why he shouldn't be allowed to carry on base. The "security" at the base is ridiculously thin. It consists of an unarmed enlisted person at the gate checking IDs. They're not even MPs. If something happens, they call 911. I'm not joking.

#10 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Hopefully they can drag the Post Office along with them.

The new DOJ should just publish an opinion that concealed carry is a lawful purpose under the existing federal statute which would solve a lot of problems.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#11 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

I hope the DoD will change their policy at military bases soon as well. My brother is a reservist and a CCL holder. There's no reason I can think of why he shouldn't be allowed to carry on base. The "security" at the base is ridiculously thin. It consists of an unarmed enlisted person at the gate checking IDs. They're not even MPs. If something happens, they call 911. I'm not joking.

I thought this was already, "Taken care of", but still left up to the Base CO.

#12 kwc

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

I thought this was already, "Taken care of", but still left up to the Base CO.

In theory, yes--the DoD Instruction now allows it, with permission.  In practice, not at all.  I don't know of a single installation that currently allows concealed carry of personal firearms on the installation by your average military member, despite issuing of the policy in Nov 2016.

The LEOSA program is alive and well on some installations, but most members don't meet the LEOSA credential requirements.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#13 LannyH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

What they don't know don't hurt them that why we carry Concealed

#14 quackersmacker

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

The national scope of Army Corps of Engineers land is immense.  

From the Spring 2017 issue of The Illinois Shooter, published by ISRA, at page 14:

"......the Corps area of jurisdiction covers 12 million acres, 55,000 miles of shoreline, 4,500 miles of trails, 90,000 campsites, and 3,400 boat launch ramps.  It controls 33 percent of all U.S. freshwater fishing."

Life Member --- NRA

Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation

Member        --- ISRA

Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]

Member        --- Aurora Sportsmen's Club

Member        --- Tri County Gun Club

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users