Action Alert - Right to Carry and Other Gun Bills to Be Heard In Committee

Molly B.

Done. I registered and it made it a breeze. Now to register my wife so she can do hers.

Well thanks to Snooter I'm now registered. Page shows MY WITNESS SLIPS but there aren't any because I still can't figure out how to fill them out.

Huh? You need to fill in your contact info first for your account so it can autofill the witness slips with your info, then you go to the links provided, and do the witness slips.

Well thanks to Snooter I'm now registered. Page shows MY WITNESS SLIPS but there aren't any because I still can't figure out how to fill them out.

junglebob,

now you can go back to the original post and right click on "witness slip" and open in a new tab. The witness slip will open up in a new tab or new window, whichever you choose. I prefer new tab. Your personal info will be filled in and all you need to do is click proponent or opponent and submit. I prefer to open in a new tab because after I submit I can close that tab and be right back at the original post with the links and work down the list of witness slips. In fact I opened all the witnes slips in new tabs at once and bounced back and forth to reference which I needed to be proponent or opponent.

Eugene

Dear Representative XXXXXXXX,

I understand that in the upcoming week there will be numerous Bills coming before your Judiciary Committee regarding firearm related issues.

I have filed Witness Slips indicating my position on each of the following as indicated:

HB0132 Firearm Ban – opponent

HB0154 Concealed Carry-Firearms - proponent

HB0159 Firearm Lost or Stolen - opponent

HB0997 Concealed Carry - proponent

HB1008 No Extra Tax on guns/ammo - proponent

HB1023 Firearm Training Preemption - proponent

HB1024 Firearm Preemption - proponent

HB1025 Carry in Schools for Teachers - proponent

HB1027 No Waiting Period for Firearm Trade - proponent

HB1050 Firearm Owner Keep Records 5 yrs. - proponent

HB1051 Firearm Transport Preemption - proponent

HB1143 Bans Private Sale of Firearms - opponent

I trust that your vote(s) on these issues will represent your constituents, protect the Rights of law abiding citizens, and more importantly will confirm your integrity in standing by your oath to protect and defend the Constitution including the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights - "....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed" !!!

Also, I see that HB0997 now lists 45 sponsors/co-sponsors. Can I/we expect to see your named added to the list soon?? If not, may I respectfully ask why?

Sincerely,

TXX X. KozXXXXXXX

XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX Dr.

XXXXXX, IL 60XXX

Cell: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Try signing in and going to your profile page and do an update/save. That seemed to work for me.

I registered. All it did for me was eliminate the captcha.

I tried filing witness slips for a couple of the judiciary committee hearings that I could see were upcoming, and got an error.

OK, done. That was unclear.

Now I can make witness slips.

I note that there are several house judiciary committee hearings upcoming this week. Eddie the gun control energizer bunny Acavedo's assault weapons bill. A bunch of stuff getting talked about on the 20th.

And "Expanding gun safety laws and unlawful use of weapon" on the 18th. I assume this is one we need to post as "in opposition". (Won't do anything until I hear from those that know.

Here's what I wrote (put the chairwoman's e-mail in the "TO" section - all the other reps went in the "BCC".

TO: ChairNekritz@gmail.com

BCC: ann@repannwilliams.com, RepReboletti@gmail.com, repjohnbradley@mychoice.net, repdrury@gmail.com, repdurkin@hotmail.com, repjayhoffman@gmail.com, dwightkay112@gmail.com, JimSacia@aeroinc.net, repsandack@gmail.com, Repsims34@gmail.com, rep32district@gmail.com, jiltracy@jiltracy.com, arthurt@ilga.gov, repwelch@emanuelchriswelch.com, repzalewski@gmail.com

SUBJECT:

Please pass these pro-gun bills out of committee

BODY:

Dear Representative,

Please support gun rights and help pass the following bills out of committee: HB0154, HB0997, HB1008, HB1023, HB1024, HB1025, HB1027, HB1050, HB1051.

Thank you for your time and service to the State Of Illinois,

Mike

----------------, IL.

Somehow my account is messed up. I'll have to call in the morning and get it fixed, the CAPTCHAs are killing me.

Thanks so much Molly for all your hard work in putting together such a well organized OP. It's a great format.

Does anyone know of a way to send faxes via the Internet (malware free or whatever).

I don't have a landline, but I'd like to start sending faxes to some of the senators and representatives.

Somehow my account is messed up. I'll have to call in the morning and get it fixed, the CAPTCHAs are killing me.

Thanks so much Molly for all your hard work in putting together such a well organized OP. It's a great format.

Does anyone know of a way to send faxes via the Internet (malware free or whatever).

I don't have a landline, but I'd like to start sending faxes to some of the senators and representatives.

efax works pretty well for me. There is some lag during the send/receive process, though.

Archived