Appealing CCL Review Board Denial

Molly B.

Todd/Valinda,

Does anyone have any ideas on the timing from reversal to active? I thought I saw 35 days in the emergency rules, but I think that is from submission of evidence to CCLRB decision.

I've spoken to the FSB weekly on the phone and the answer is consistent, "We've just started seeing these reversals, should print anytime". Unfortunately, going on 3 weeks.

I went Active on Oct 22, 2014 – but I log in every day to continue watch my brothers and sister winning their fight for the right to carry – Congratulation to does that are no long “A Danger to themselves or Other” – I want you to know that I could not had won without the help of the members of this board – so don’t get discourage we are here cheering you on and continue to support you as well – Hopefully by the end of this weekend – many will go “Active” – Take Care and Good Luck to All

The 30 days I think you are referring to is for them to reply to your response to their request for more information. Which has not happened yet. Even if it had, as you can tell by posts from me and some others, they ignored that as well.

The first thing I'd do if I was you would be to call the ISP and give them a nudge.

Unless you hired an attorney, then I'd make the attorney do it.

This is a victory for Fidelity Academy and our students. Our students below, who had completed our course in concealed carry, and applied online at our facility, were denied thier license. We have a relationship of working with Joel Brodsky on gun cases in the City of Chicago, and his courses on the Aftermath of Deadly Force, given here. We reached out to Joel and refered our students to him for appropriate legal action. We recently recieved news of the legal victory:

When J. Skorodynski, R. Madison, and T. Bracey called Attorney Joel A. Brodsky, they had all received letters from the Illinois State Police denying their applications for Conceal Carry Permits. The State Police had deemed these citizens a danger to the public. Attorney Brodsky reviewed their cases and determined that these citizens' 2nd Amendment and due process rights had been violated by the proceedures used by the State Police, and he filed for a judicial review of the denial of the Conceal Carry Permits in the Circuit Court of Cook County.

All three (3) cases were sent back to the Illinois State Police by the judges hering the cases. Then Attorney Joel A. Brodsky submitted legal arguments to the Conceal Carry Review Board of the Illinois State Police which showed that there was no credible or admissable evidence that any of his clients were a danger to the public, and that therefore they were entitled to receive Illinois Conceal Carry Permits.

This week all three (3) of Attorney Brodsky's clients received letters from the Illinois State Police that the denial of their applications was reversed, and that they were going to receive their Conceal Carry Permits. Attorney Joel A. Brodsky is satisfied that his clients rights were vindicated, and that these citizens will now be able to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. Attorney Brodsky can be reached at 312-541-7000.

Glad to hear about the victory for the 3 students mentioned above – All victory is great. Is Joel Brodsky – the Attorney for the Former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson. I agree that seeking counsel from an attorney is wise, but many here can’t afford the cost of an attorney and are very thankful for the support of the members of this forum for sharing their experience in the fight for the citizens' 2nd Amendment. We all welcome any attorney to offer their opinion and suggestion as well. Good luck to all – I continue to cross my fingers and hope that many will soon go “Active” soon.

This week all three (3) of Attorney Brodsky's clients received letters from the Illinois State Police that the denial of their applications was reversed, and that they were going to receive their Conceal Carry Permits.

My attrneys are Ed Williams and Fred Nickl and they have over 15 ccl clients and 5 of them got the ccl issued. They told me the rest are in diffrent stages of appeals and think about 3 more will get the license in nov or dec (Im one of those!)

edwilliamslaw.com

Just got an email from ISP telling me that my license cannot be forwarded by the postal service and it was returned to ISP. I am currently vacationing for an extended period in Arizona. I responded to ISP explaining that my address of record was still in Illinois and could they send the license to my temporary address in Az. Will post the outcome.

I agree. I'm hopeful that it can happen any second of any day since I've heard of people going ACTIVE on weekends as well. Does anybody have a plan for their next court date if they do not have their license?

Anyone that's filed a motion for compensation of filing fees, can you please post it to use as a template?

ACTIVE!! I went active in the last couple of hours.

There is hope........ I can't believe my journey is finally coming to an end! 311 days from application

1. Court orders remand to CCLRB
  2. CCLRB requests additional info
  3. You submit response
  4. CCLRB rules in your favor
  5. ISP FSB issues and mails your CCL (ACTIVE)

Mine are:

1. 9/12/14
  2. 9/16/14
  3. 9/25/14
  4. 10/29/14 (CCLRB Meeting Date) 11/6/2014 (ISP Dated Letter)
  5. 11/19/2014!!!!

Archived