CCLRB

Ken911

I received a letter from ISP today. My day 90 would be on March 19. I received my first letter 30 days after Dec 19 the day I submitted my app. This second letter states that ISP received an objection pursuant to ILCS 65/15a, and that the board has notified the department. I am guessing it is speaking of the department that objected. That it needs an additional 30 days to issue a decision. They have not denied me, neither have they requested anything else. Could this extra 30 days be due to the changes with the board review people and the FOID changes? I have a few things on my record but nothing that would cause me to be denied. If I am denied I will appeal and file a law suit on the state of IL. Any info would be appreciated.

I received a letter from ISP today. My day 90 would be on March 19. I received my first letter 30 days after Dec 19 the day I submitted my app. This second letter states that ISP received an objection pursuant to ILCS 65/15a, and that the board has notified the department. I am guessing it is speaking of the department that objected. That it needs an additional 30 days to issue a decision. They have not denied me, neither have they requested anything else. Could this extra 30 days be due to the changes with the board review people and the FOID changes? I have a few things on my record but nothing that would cause me to be denied. If I am denied I will appeal and file a law suit on the state of IL. Any info would be appreciated.

When an objection is filed, the application must go to the CCL Review Board for review. New members are just now being appointed to the board and they will need time to brought up to speed on their responsibilities and the process. The board has been approving most of the applications.

I been under board review since December 2014 I originally applied August 2014 with print so yeah they can take over 30 days

Wow. There needs to be a default like in NICS where after a certain amount of time it defaults to permit issue. They're already 4 months over.

Just as there needs to be a statutory time limit on FOID reinstatement and their whole administrative FOID process, there needs to be a specified time limit for the FCCL processes, if for no other reason that to allow court intervention in a timely fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

Not all the new members to the board have been appointed yet. I believe they still need at least 2 of the 3 left to be appointed, they are all new so they will have to be trained as to the process and equipment before they can begin reviewing objections.

I do know the new Chief Legal Counsel is working nearly around the clock to get everyone up to speed so they can jump in as quickly as possible. She is also making sure everyone has the time they need to submit their responses to an objection.

I will ask for an update tomorrow.

Archived