Help for MAC users and ISP website

I got to 90% last night on my Mac, but it was not easy. Before trying to access my state ID, I put the cursor over the down arrow at the top right of the screen, progress of ongoing downloads. Then very quickly I got a box on the right that asked if I wanted to run JAVA. I said yes and it worked. All very strange.

Small note; I just realized that when I went and compleated the application process this morning at 2 am (an application without submitting e-prints) That I used Safari and had no issues getting in. Previously in establishing my ID and the 2nd time bumping my application process up to the 90 % point I was using firefox.

Final submission went thru using safari. so the ISP may have done some changes. It just might be worth trying if you have had issues. Thru the whole process it was the toughest to get an ID established. Java, which browser, and that stuff. Once that was done the actual CCW application was pretty slick even it its early state of beta.

Watch out for some 5 second delays in a few bits of the application where Java verifies itself. There were a couple parts where there was a bit of a delay. Don't get too rapid fire on the enter or left click mouse button.

• 4 weeks later...

As an aside, you can't do anything with an iPad which we are using almost 100% of the time. I had to take an old Dell PC out of 'cold' storage, update Java, to get anything off the ISP website.

The PC is a dead system and we will be purchasing a Mac Pro in the near future for our heavy duty requirements but for most web based applications and Apps, my 64GB Cellular iPad Air screams. My goal is to control all our systems from my iPhone, 20 KW Kohler Generator, Security, HVAC, lighting, appliances, you name it.-Dick

Edited by budrichard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using Safari and Mac OS 10.6., and when I insert my digital ID and Password, it says authenticating to server. I get the spiraling circle, but it will not do anything else. Any ideas?

I'm using Safari and 10.6.8 too. Make sure you're using the most recent version of Java. I also use Firefox and sometimes one works but not the other. If Safari hangs up, try Firefox, and vice versa.

Called the Digital ID people and one guy said this works everytime. Assuming on a Mac you are running firefox and have the latest Java downloaded, you go to the TOOLS > ADD ONS > JAVA APPLET PLUGIN > SELECT ALWAYS ACTIVATE and you are Golden.

I spent hours frustrated trying to figure things out and once i called and was informed of this, it worked flawless, application sent.

Hope this helps the cause,

• 3 months later...

Mac won't work period

From reading the various posts it works for some on Mac and others it doesn't, just like Windows. Seems to be a matter of getting the right combination of OS/Browser/Java. I absolutely could not get a state ID created on any of my own PCs (Windows & Linux), but once I got one created on another's machine, I've been able to do everything else from home.

VannDaddy, I'd say go for it and see what happens on your Mac. Depending on your workplace firewall, they may have the CCL site and / or external Java blocked

Edited by InterestedBystander

Challenge Accepted!

I do not have a Mac, but since some say it's possible, it's sounds like you need to start with the Mac FAQ on Java.com.

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml#otherjava

Keep in mind, it appears you will need to have Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above.

I do not have Mac version 10.7.3 (Lion) or higher. How do I get Java for other Mac versions?

For Java versions 6 and below, Apple supplies their own version of Java. Use the Software Updatefeature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Apple's Java for your Mac.
Users of Lion Mac OS X 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 should upgrade to 10.7.3 or later versions, so you can get the latest Java 7 version from Oracle.

Why will Applets not run after getting Java through Apple Software Update?

Apple disables the Java plug-in and Webstart applications when the Java update is done using Software Update. Also, if the Java plug-in detects that no applets have been run for an extended period of time it will again disable the Java plug-in.

Why is Java 7 available only for Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above?

The Java Runtime depends on the availability of an Application programming interface (API). Some of the API were added in Mac OS X 10.7.3. Apple has no plans to make those API available on older versions of the Mac OS.