RUGER AMERICAN RIFLE PREDATOR

luckydawg13

I love the 6.5mm round. Not Creedmoor, but Grendel, still a 264 bullet. Considering converting my AR 308 to 6.5mm Creedmoor, although I don't know why since there's nothing to hunt here with that size of a round heh. The Grendel (and obviously Creedmoor) will drop a musk ox or brown bear with one well-placed shot.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I love the 6.5mm round. Not Creedmoor, but Grendel, still a 264 bullet. Considering converting my AR 308 to 6.5mm Creedmoor, although I don't know why since there's nothing to hunt here with that size of a round heh. The Grendel (and obviously Creedmoor) will drop a musk ox or brown bear with one well-placed shot. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I like to consolidate my calibers so I went .308 on mine. I'd read a few people suggest 6.5 but they're also the same folks who bought the RPR in 6.5 as well.

I love the 6.5mm round. Not Creedmoor, but Grendel, still a 264 bullet. Considering converting my AR 308 to 6.5mm Creedmoor, although I don't know why since there's nothing to hunt here with that size of a round heh. The Grendel (and obviously Creedmoor) will drop a musk ox or brown bear with one well-placed shot. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I like to consolidate my calibers so I went .308 on mine. I'd read a few people suggest 6.5 but they're also the same folks who bought the RPR in 6.5 as well.

Far better ballistics in 6.5 Creedmore at range. .308 is a good jack of all trades round, but for a long-range set-up 6.5 has a lot of advantages over it.

I love the 6.5mm round. Not Creedmoor, but Grendel, still a 264 bullet. Considering converting my AR 308 to 6.5mm Creedmoor, although I don't know why since there's nothing to hunt here with that size of a round heh. The Grendel (and obviously Creedmoor) will drop a musk ox or brown bear with one well-placed shot.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Skinny if you love the 6.5, have I got a wildcat for the AR platform that you would go nuts over. Fits standard lower, uses readily available production parts, outruns the Grendel and has no bolt lug issues like the .264LBC or Grendel.

Far better ballistics in 6.5 Creedmore at range. .308 is a good jack of all trades round, but for a long-range set-up 6.5 has a lot of advantages over it.

That seems to be true, though I don't have enough time/money or space available to practice out past a few hundred yards anyway.

Skinny if you love the 6.5, have I got a wildcat for the AR platform that you would go nuts over. Fits standard lower, uses readily available production parts, outruns the Grendel and has no bolt lug issues like the .264LBC or Grendel.
Which wildcat did you have in mind? I like them, but I can't seem to find anything reliable. Looked into the 6.8 SPC round but found out that many barrels had problems with factory ammo, depending on barrel length, twist rate, gas system length. Also looked into the 22 Nosler round but the lack of barrel manufacturers makes me leery, would rather wait until it becomes more mainstream. You must remember all of the crap I was dealing with when I got my BHW 264 Type II barrel. Bolt issues with 264 LBC is just one of the major issues with that round. The second being the gas system. Intermediate or midlength gas systems are bad, bad news so I had to install an adjustable block on my 18" 264LBC middy. Took me hours and several hundred dollars to solve the problems they created with the middy system. I'm kinda done with wildcats heh. Next build I do will either be a straight carbine, preferably an M4A1 SOPMOD clone, Mk18 Mod 0 clone (SBR), assuming I feel like tracking down the discontinued parts necessary to get an accurate clone. That being said, I've been sitting on a 458 SOCOM upper since 2014 and itching to slap a barrel on it.Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I don't want to hijack the thread further, but it is a 6.5x6.8. Take a standard 6.8 and neck down to 6.5. Runs all the high b.c. .264 projectiles but uses standard 6.8 bolt and mags. No lug issues, no over pressure issues and outruns the Grendel handily. I absolutely LOVE mine. PM for specifics or we can start a different thread. Apologies to the OP...just saw the 6.5 and got off on a tangent.

Cabela's ad I got in the mail today has this rifle on sale. $579.99 with a Vortex Crossfire ll 4-12x44 scope. Also $399.99 for the gun only. I wonder how much that would come out to after all the taxes?

Well right off the bat add $25 crook county gun tax then is it 10% in crook county sales tax

At that point it's cheaper to drive to Hammond and get it.

Wouldn't you need to make two trips? There's probably still a 24 hour wait. I wonder if the 24 hr clock starts if you order online or by phone?

I've only bought in person and the clock started from the time my receipt was printed. If you're ordering online/by phone, are you paying at the same time or are you paying when you go to the store?

.6363e8360ccfc1775113bc9124b01aa8.jpg Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a free floating barrel though.

That's the rifle I have...well different Bushnell 3-9 scope but but it's a solid rifle. It's had probably 300-400 rounds through it and not a problem with the gun itself. The Savage Accutriger is amazing.

I will say the scope rings are garbage. Spend some money on some better rings.

.6363e8360ccfc1775113bc9124b01aa8.jpg Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a free floating barrel though.

That's the rifle I have...well different Bushnell 3-9 scope but but it's a solid rifle. It's had probably 300-400 rounds through it and not a problem with the gun itself. The Savage Accutriger is amazing.

I will say the scope rings are garbage. Spend some money on some better rings.

What caliber do you have it in

Archived