CCW permit holder badges?

riverrat61265

ok hate to admit it but I had never heard of them before and had only come across some searching ccw ideas on pinterest. they looks much like a official officers badge with concealed carry permit, ccw on the face. the examples I saw were either in a wallet with your ccw permit or cliped on or near the holster. Makes it more official looking. I think it might be a nice addition and make a time when you may have to identify yourself as carrying and a legal ccw holder to a leo go a little smoother.

thoughts?

They the dumbest idea I have ever seen. They should be outlawed they are so stupid and potentially dangerous, not to mention a waste of $money.

The media and prosecution tried to portray Zimmerman as a wanna-be COP vigilante. Can you imagine what would have happened if he was carrying on of these badges?

They the dumbest idea I have ever seen. They should be outlawed they are so stupid and potentially dangerous, not to mention a waste of $money.

The media and prosecution tried to portray Zimmerman as a wanna-be COP vigilante. Can you imagine what would have happened if he was carrying on of these badges?

+1 exactly what I was thinking

ok hate to admit it but I had never heard of them before and had only come across some searching ccw ideas on pinterest. they looks much like a official officers badge with concealed carry permit, ccw on the face. the examples I saw were either in a wallet with your ccw permit or cliped on or near the holster. Makes it more official looking. I think it might be a nice addition and make a time when you may have to identify yourself as carrying and a legal ccw holder to a leo go a little smoother.

thoughts?

It's a shortcut to getting charged with false personation of a peace officer. If someone sees it an assumes you're the police and you encounter the real police, you will get charged. Not a good idea.

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

The "Don't Shoot Me" Banners make more sense for when you need to draw. Read here:

http://www.dsmsafety.com/ccw.html

I thought the CCW badges were the worst until I saw that............................

CCW Badges to me, scream, "I wanna be da police".

The DSM banner, created by a retired LEO primarily for off-duty LEO and security, created this one for ccw permit holders. I took a look at the video, which made some sense. It ain't pretty, but it is better than being dropped asap by the responding officer...

CCW badges are also illegal in some states... I think they are a bad idea as well.

If you really want one, put it in a frame and hang it on the wall in your study or wherever you keep your trophies and treasured items. DON'T ever take it out on the street. At best it gains you no respect or consideration from LEOs, at worst it will get you jail time.

thoughts?

I think the op got his answer.

As stated, impersonating a LEO is illegal. Whether you mean to or not, having a badge in your wallet could give that impression.

The point of concealed carry is no one knows you are armed. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but a badge that could be seen by anyone you open your wallet in front of is not a good idea. :)

(720 ILCS 5/17-2)

(d) False law enforcement badges.

(1) A person commits false law enforcement badges if he or she knowingly produces, sells, or distributes a law enforcement badge without the express written consent of the law enforcement agency represented on the badge or, in case of a reorganized or defunct law enforcement agency, its successor law enforcement agency.

(2) It is a defense to false law enforcement badges that the law enforcement badge is used or is intended to be used exclusively: (i) as a memento or in a collection or exhibit; (ii) for decorative purposes; or (iii) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production.

While it's a stretch, we've seen them pull worse.

Archived