Active Shooter course at ISRA

THE KING

How was the class

It was a good class. The instructor was good at keeping the class attentive. A lot of good information.

Personally, it was a good refresher for me as I have worked alongside LE as a first responder for over 30 years and am familiar with the information that was presented. I still took four pages of notes.

I was pleasantly surprised. The content was good and the presenter was extremely knowledgeable and made for a very interactive session. Attendance was way more than I thought I'd see. At least 60+ people there.

Got a chance to meet a couple of IC'ers there as well.

I did suggest to the ISRA organizer the next time they offer the class they put out a bit more info ahead of time on the content and agenda. I pointed out several people almost didn't come (Including myself) but I'm glad I did.

The presenter (Jeff) did say they're planning an advance style class that involves some range time. I'm anxious to see what they come up with.

• 1 month later...

FEMA IS-907: Active Shooter: What You Can Do

Course Overview: An active shooter is an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and other populated area. In most cases, active shooters use firearms and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims. Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly.

All employees can help prevent and prepare for potential active shooter situations. This course provides guidance to individuals, including managers and employees, so that they can prepare to respond to an active shooter situation.

This course is not written for law enforcement officers, but for non-law enforcement employees. The material may provide law enforcement officers information on recommended actions for non-law enforcement employees to take should they be confronted with an active shooter situation.

Take the course here: https://training.fem...spx?code=IS-907

Completed this course and got the cert. Pretty good class.

Archived