Boycott Illinois

oneshot

I just got an idea ladies and gentlemen, and the anti's inspired it! How about we boycott purchasing gun products in Illinois until they give us concealed carry and stop these loony bills such as the AWB, ammo tax, pistol registration, etc. Of course I know this has serious implications for our friends who own gun businesses, but perhaps we could find a way to support them through this, or at least find out what this would cost the state and give them fair warning to see if they flinch. Just an idea, throwing it out there. Maybe we can figure out a way to do it in such a way to keep from hurting our favorite gun businesses, especially the small ones. Perhaps there's other products that we could target that don't effect these businesses? This would of course need to be a large, coordinated effort in order for it to be effective, something that the ISRA would get on board with.

I have to agree that boycotting firearm sales would only harm our friends. I think a better angle would be to hit the Illinois Tourism with a campaign about harboring and protecting bad guys, and playing up the crime stats in this criminal safehaven. Probably wouldn't hurt to include passages about local rep's seeking gang members support as well.

Portray Illinois as the last state that doesn't allow self-protection because the Crooked Corrupt Politians are in Bed with the Criminals they are protecting for Votes, which in turn is creating a terribly risky place to visit.

I have to agree that boycotting firearm sales would only harm our friends. I think a better angle would be to hit the Illinois Tourism with a campaign about harboring and protecting bad guys, and playing up the crime stats in this criminal safehaven. Probably wouldn't hurt to include passages about local rep's seeking gang members support as well.

Portray Illinois as the last state that doesn't allow self-protection because the Crooked Corrupt Politians are in Bed with the Criminals they are protecting for Votes, which in turn is creating a terribly risky place to visit.

Hmm, I like that one!

Hmm, I like that one!

Not to be a debbie downer, but our big chance would have been last summer with all the wilding attacks on Michigan Ave. These stories were running on network nation news, and the New York Times.

I like the idea of harboring criminals. Let's chip in and get a billboard on 94 at the state line from Wisconsin that says you MUST disarm yourself and submit to being a victim in our STATE. Call your Governor and ask them to call Rahm and ask for Reciprocity.

Indeed, our state is like a nature preserve for violent criminals. Light sentencing, quick prison turnaround times, no threat of death penalty, and a guarantee that victims will be unarmed. Why, our state is the last remaining natural habitat for murderers, rapists and other violent criminals.

I like the idea of harboring criminals. Let's chip in and get a billboard on 94 at the state line from Wisconsin that says you MUST disarm yourself and submit to being a victim in our STATE. Call your Governor and ask them to call Rahm and ask for Reciprocity.

That would definitely get us some media attention!

Indeed, our state is like a nature preserve for violent criminals. Light sentencing, quick prison turnaround times, no threat of death penalty, and a guarantee that victims will be unarmed. Why, our state is the last remaining natural habitat for murderers, rapists and other violent criminals.

I Like that! Illinois, the last refuge for violent criminals, courtesy of the corrupt Chicago machine.

First of all, let's imagine that - after a huge amount of work - this boycott is successful. It will not be the boycott that our politicians will notice. It will be the drop in revenue they will notice. And they will respond to that in the same way they always have . . . . by raising taxes or creating NEW taxes such as those we're seeing now - the Gun Registration bill and the Ammo Tax bill.

And we will have shot ourselves in our own foot - AGAIN.

First of all, let's imagine that - after a huge amount of work - this boycott is successful. It will not be the boycott that our politicians will notice. It will be the drop in revenue they will notice. And they will respond to that in the same way they always have . . . . by raising taxes or creating NEW taxes such as those we're seeing now - the Gun Registration bill and the Ammo Tax bill.

No doubt you have a point, as ultimately we all will have to make up the difference, but think of the HEAT they will get? If this will help bring down the corrupt walls of the Chicago Democrats, I'm thinking it's well worth it.

Hmmm, maybe a Berlin Wall kind of image might help reinforce the thought??

No doubt you have a point, as ultimately we all will have to make up the difference, but think of the HEAT they will get? If this will help bring down the corrupt walls of the Chicago Democrats, I'm thinking it's well worth it.

There you go!! I've been reading your proposals as they are written. And as it's been said "Why punish our (business) friends?"

Now if you want to punish Chicago and Chicago Tourism that's different. Let's assign blame where it belongs - and that is Chicago!! It's not the Illinois Democrats that are causing our grief - it's Chicago Democrats that are to blame.

So if you want to boycott Chicago - then that's a different story.

Hmm, I like that one!

Not to be a debbie downer, but our big chance would have been last summer with all the wilding attacks on Michigan Ave. These stories were running on network nation news, and the New York Times.

Don't worry. Spring is almost here and it'll all get going again.

I have only lived in IL for about 6 years. During that time I have built great friendships with a gun store owner and many great people who enjoy the shooting sports and have lived in IL most if not all their lives. Many of the gun store owners make a living doing this and need it to feed their families. I for one, no mater how hard it is to give this state one more penny of tax money, will not boycott gun store owners in this state. They are a part of this team, a vital part, and we should never leave a teammate behind. This, in my book, is like leaving Chicago out of the CCW discussion. We need to understand there are many people from all walks of life who are in this fight and throwing anyone under the bus for personal gain isn't the way to get anything done. We need everyone in this fight and like I said earlier, never leave a man or woman behind. We need to have each others backs, not seeing what we can do for personal gain, if that is who you are then like a SGM used to say "I got no use for that B*ll Sh!t". I don't post much on this forum, but I do read it 3 or 4 times a week, I have lived in states where we were legal to CCW so yes I am frustrated too, but that is what they want. Frustrate us, splinter us and cause us to let up on this issue. We need to come together even more and stay positive.

This predicament had me thinking some more today, what we need is the ability to tax the state back when they do something WE don't like. Why don't we have that? Dumb question, I know, but honestly, it should be there.

The fact that the only way to hit the state in the pocketbook is to hurt those who our on our side brings to mind certain dictators who hide behind civilians and set up outposts in places of worship, etc.

This predicament had me thinking some more today, what we need is the ability to tax the state back when they do something WE don't like. Why don't we have that? Dumb question, I know, but honestly, it should be there.

The fact that the only way to hit the state in the pocketbook is to hurt those who our on our side brings to mind certain dictators who hide behind civilians and set up outposts in places of worship, etc.

Think about that, where does the state get it's money? Why tax yourself? Why hope to hurt the state financially? Do you really think they care? Look at the state's predicament now!!

The answer isn't another tax or a boycott or any of those cool sounding things. (although billboard might not be all bad!) The answer is to vote out of office those reps that are doing things we don't like and vote into office reps that will take their cue from their constituents. That's what politicians care about the most, staying in office.

In the case of the Chicago reps like Cassidy in the uber liberal districts, we either need to educate their constituents as to our rights and the benefits of RTC or just elect enough "good" reps to out vote them.

T

There you go!! I've been reading your proposals as they are written. And as it's been said "Why punish our (business) friends?"

Now if you want to punish Chicago and Chicago Tourism that's different. Let's assign blame where it belongs - and that is Chicago!! It's not the Illinois Democrats that are causing our grief - it's Chicago Democrats that are to blame.

So if you want to boycott Chicago - then that's a different story.

Yes, no doubt our ire should be targeted towards Chicago, where 90% of our states tourism tax dollars are spent promoting anyway.

If you are going to use a billboard the ONLY place is at the Indiana line by Lansing. All of the traffic going from the east coast has to go below the great lakes. I80 I 90 I 94 all pass that point.

WELCOME TO ILLINOIS. THE ONLY STATE THAT FORBIDS YOU TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND FAMILY.

YOU ARE NOW LEAVING ILLINOIS. IF YOU ARE STILL SAFE AND HEALTHY GO TO CHURCH AND SAY THANK YOU .

I like the idea of voting them out but the public sector union members, welfare recipients and my grandparents (may they rest in peace) are all in the pockets of the Chicago pols and vote accordingly. I also like the billboard idea. Could cause some high-profile media attention and maybe even a lawsuit or two from Rahm.

Archived