Picked up my Sig P365 today

Retiredguns

Picked up the 365 from my FFL at 1300 and was on the range by 1400. I'm not going to gush over it because it's a tool, but it flat out works. Much has already been discussed about low perceived recoil, accuracy, comfort, etc.. and I agree. Not as soft as my G42 of course, but soft none the less. I shot 115 FMJ, 147 FMJ and 147 XTP. 250rds in 30 minutes with zero malfunctions. The Xray sights are a treat for my old eyes. That big green dot is easy to acquire. I'll put another 5 boxes through her and throw it in the holster. Here are a few comparison pics. So darn close to the G42 in almost every way. It's a tiny sucker, but with the pinky extension it is comfy and I am sure with a 12rd-er, those with big mitts will be fine. Nice little pistol. Many are comparing it to a G43, but it is more the size of a G42

http://www.tacomaguitarforum.com/tgf/sig1.jpg

http://www.tacomaguitarforum.com/tgf/sig3.jpg

http://www.tacomaguitarforum.com/tgf/sig4.jpg

http://www.tacomaguitarforum.com/tgf/sig5.jpg

I got mine last Friday but I haven't had it at the range yet. I agree about size - I have both the G42 and G43 and it's closer to the 42, leaving little reason to carry the 42 or any other gun (except for the weight). It is a perfect fit in my hand.

I have a friend in Belvidere who is making an IWB holster for me, if you need one let me know.

Couple more pics. This sucker is small with no real disadvantage With factory mag extension, a medium size hand will get a full grip and 11 rounds.

I have smaller hands and it's a perfect fit for me. I can't think of a reason to EDC anything else, except occasionally the LCP II.

Much has already been discussed about low perceived recoil, accuracy, comfort, etc.. and I agree. Not as soft as my G42 of course, but soft none the less.

Low perceived recoil and comfort is good. Why not as soft as your G42 "of course"...380? (some of those are quite sharp, but have not shot G42.)

Couple more pics. This sucker is small with no real disadvantage With factory mag extension, a medium size hand will get a full grip and 11 rounds.

I have smaller hands and it's a perfect fit for me. I can't think of a reason to EDC anything else, except occasionally the LCP II.

Hmmm, may need to check this out after all. Other than P239, most Sigs have been a bit large to be perfectly comfortable for me. I bet mags are expensive though, at least for now.

Much has already been discussed about low perceived recoil, accuracy, comfort, etc.. and I agree. Not as soft as my G42 of course, but soft none the less.

Low perceived recoil and comfort is good. Why not as soft as your G42 "of course"...380? (some of those are quite sharp, but have not shot G42.)

The G42 is really soft on recoil. My Wife tried the LCP, TCP & a CW380. They were all way too snappy for her. The G42 is large enough to mellow out the recoil. I made the huge mistake of buying her guns based on what I perceived would be good and we know how that goes. With the Glock, she is comfortable and very capable. That thing is accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered throu cabelas using information below....(first told they were out of stock called back and was able to order) total is 609 otd

P365s are in stock at Cabelas.

I called my local cabelas and of course they did not have any in the store, but the guy told me to call for their phone orders 800 237 4444 and give the sku of 05049409, I did and was able to order one shipped to my cabelas.

Was told they had about 100 available, good luck

Hmmmm.... This interests me. Particularly the whole "fits smaller hands with 11 rounds" aspect of it.

I also have small hands, so I often carry a Glock 42. Before the P365 I had yet to pick up another pistol that fit my hand so well. Surprisingly, the Sig has about the same finger "wrap around" on the grip as the G42, and both are better grips for me than the larger G43 or PPS M2. I will try to post photos one of these days.

I pre-ordered mine without ever holding one, I would feel safe recommending any small-handed shooter do the same thing.

Hmmmm.... This interests me. Particularly the whole "fits smaller hands with 11 rounds" aspect of it.

I also have small hands, so I often carry a Glock 42. Before the P365 I had yet to pick up another pistol that fit my hand so well. Surprisingly, the Sig has about the same finger "wrap around" on the grip as the G42, and both are better grips for me than the larger G43 or PPS M2. I will try to post photos one of these days.

I pre-ordered mine without ever holding one, I would feel safe recommending any small-handed shooter do the same thing.

This is even more interesting, as I own a PPS M2, and it's one of the easier-to-grip firearms that I own. I like it enough that, if it had a 10+1 capacity, the PPS would have ended out as my daily driver quite some time ago (I'm a tried-and-true 1911 guy, but when a handgun checks THAT number of checkboxes, you almost HAVE to re-evaluate).

Bri

I have 300rds through mine now... (4 different brands, 2 different weights, including HPs). All functioned flawless.

I find I'm more accurate with it than my G43 and shot it weak hand MUCH better than the Glock.

With the 12 rd mags, overall height is almost identical to my G43 with Pierce +1 mag extension. Plus I find that I have a better purchase with the Sig 12 rounders than I do on the Glock. (points more naturally for me)

41240873282_bbf2af6cdc_z.jpg
First 30rds at 7yds

Once I've gone through a couple training courses with it, I'll see if I'm still as excited about it.

Respectfully,

Imagine the coincidence...

So, there I was, at the local gun show this very morning. Walked in the front door, and the first dealer had one on the table, pretty much the first thing I saw as I walked in. So, we did the loop (it's a very small show: sponsored by the local VFW, and fits into a community center basketball court). Came back to it. Handled it a bit, and I was shocked. It really is a double-stacked handgun that is smaller than pretty much every single-stack that I own. They really chopped down on the extra material on the front and back of the mag well. The trigger will take some getting used to: it's still pretty light at around 6 lbs according to my highly calibrated finger, but significantly longer than either my VP9 and my PPS M2 (to say nothing, obviously, about all of my 1911's). VERY well balanced, and, according to the Wikipedia page, has the lowest bore axis of any currently made firearm, so recoil should not be an issue.

Looked up at Mrs. J. She gave me a dirty look.

And then bought the thing for me along with an extra 12 round mag. as an early birthday and Father's day present.

Hopefully, I can get to the range sometime this weekend to give it a try.

Thanks for the tip on this, all!

Bri

Archived