Photo

Changing the Face of the GOP

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,443 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

http://dailysignal.c...ace-of-the-gop/

Here' How Young Black Conservative Women Are Changing the Face of the GOP

Amber Randall January 12, 2018

It's pretty easy to name a couple of black women working in progressive circles and organizations, but its a lot harder to name the ones working within the conservative movement.
What's less discussed are the young conservative, black women who are working every day to change and influence the Republican Party.

These women want to bring home a message of empowerment, not only to black women across the country, but also to the black community at large. Women such as Antonia Okafor, the founder of gun rights advocacy organization EmPOWERed, Ayshia Connors, a senior policy adviser to a Pennsylvania congressman and president of the Black Republican Congressional Staff Association, and Candace Owens, the director of Urban Engagement for Turning Point USA, all work tirelessly in advocating for their community and to make black conservative voices heard.

Essentially, I believe in this day and age, for whatever reason, there is a largely ignored, growing group of voices, which is essentially black conservatives. We've been largely dismissed and de-legitimized in the media as something that is not allowed to exist, Owens, who labels herself an independent thinker, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.
Okafor and Connors are also trying to make big strides within the conservative movement.

I'm spreading the message of female empowerment through gun ownership, one that transcends all races, Okafor said of her focus on her EmPOWERed college tour.
Okafor is currently on her EmPOWERed tour, visiting college campuses to talk about female empowerment through gun ownership, a message not only for black women, but women of all races. Her tour includes stops at historically black colleges such as Howard University and Spelman College, where she hopes the face-to-face interaction with students will open their eyes.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 45 whit

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Great news IMHO!

#3 Nod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

I'm impressed !

#4 chicagoresident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

I'm impressed !

It shouldn't surprise anyone that there's a huge black conservative movement when you don't believe the mainstream media.

It seems like the only time you hear about it in the mainstream media is when the left is blaming black people for their losses in key elections, like they somehow owe them the vote on what they tell them to vote for.

The left also won't admit that they usually lose Florida because a huge Hispanic population votes right.

Edited by chicagoresident, 12 January 2018 - 05:45 PM.

#5 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,443 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Great news IMHO!

I agree.

I like to think of gun ownership as the big tent party more than any other.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#6 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,556 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

Great news IMHO!

I agree.

I like to think of gun ownership as the big tent party more than any other.
+1.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,006 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Refreshing change of pace to read something I call good news.

#8 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

God's speed to those ladies. They are front and center for persecution by the progressives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 45 whit

• 1,393 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

Unfortunately tkroenlein is right, but the bigger the tent the better, as mauserme said.   I think those women will be able to handle themselves quite well.

Edited by 45 whit, 13 January 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#10 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Agreed, this is a good sign.   

If President Trump had any inkling of long term thinking, he would change the policy toward Cubans to be more permissive.    The escapees from Castro's regime would make reliable voters for the Republican party.   In addition, some red states should give incentives for Cubans to move there.    

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#11 45 whit

• 1,393 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

I think it was the Cuban voters in Florida that helped Trump carry the state, they were irate with obummer for normalizing relations with Cuba.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users