Florida has fallen.

JNG3

NRA has filed suit

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-florida-governor-gun-control-bill-20180309-story.html

..."the bill raises the minimum age to buy rifles from 18 to 21, extends a three-day waiting period for handgun purchases to include long guns and bans bump stocks, which allow guns to mimic fully automatic fire. It also creates a so-called guardian program enabling some teachers and other school employees to carry guns."...

..."The NRA insisted that the measure "punishes law-abiding gun owners for the criminal acts of a deranged individual." The group promptly filed a lawsuit to block the provision that raises the age to buy guns, arguing that it violates the Second Amendment.

The Parkland gunman "gave repeated warning signs that were ignored by federal and state officials. If we want to prevent future atrocities, we must look for solutions that keep guns out of the hands of those who are a danger to themselves or others, while protecting the rights of law-abiding Americans," Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement."...

The 26th Amendment the Constitution says that a 18 year old has right to vote, and no state can abridge that right. If it indicates that an 18 year old has the mental capacity and maturity to vote, then that individual also has the maturity to buy a gun.

“The governor told the students: "You helped change our state. You made a difference. You should be proud."

Scott, who said he is an NRA member and will continue to be one, said he is still "not persuaded" about the guardian program that will let districts authorize staff members to carry handguns if they complete law enforcement training. It is not mandatory”.

How unfortunate that the governor legislators were swayed, at least partially, by the emotions of 15 and 16 year old. He also voiced skepticism about the only part of the bill that could have a practical aspect of protecting students, i.e. arming teacher and staff volunteers.

Conspiracy nonsense... different threads... moments apart... single writer. Or is it?

What eye witnesses are saying they saw is conspiracy nonsense? Can't censor this website yet and don't blame the messenger.

Unequivocally yes.

You have been duped.

Why would witnesses lie and dupe people? Why isn't the MSM interviewing them or it doesn't fit their agenda? People and politicians are being duped into giving up 2nd Amendment rights.

Why would witnesses lie and dupe people? Why isn't the MSM interviewing them or it doesn't fit their agenda? People and politicians are being duped into giving up 2nd Amendment rights.

You were duped by the people who published the video you saw and shared with us

Eye witnesses are horribly unreliable, and you have no clue who those people are, where they were and when they spoke on camera. The Real News (aka MSM) has vast resources and real responsibilities to actually find out what happened. If there was a huge "cover up" and the shooting was a "false flag", Real News coverage would be constant and you would be viewing YouTube videos pointing out the lies of the MSM and claiming it was a conspiracy to overthrow the Trump administration.

My point is... If you get your news from YouTube, blogs and conspiracy nuts, you ARE very absolutely, very poorly informed.

Eye witnesses are horribly unreliable, and you have no clue who those people are, where they were and when they spoke on camera. The Real News (aka MSM) has vast resources and real responsibilities to actually find out what happened. If there was a huge "cover up" and the shooting was a "false flag", Real News coverage would be constant and you would be viewing YouTube videos pointing out the lies of the MSM and claiming it was a conspiracy to overthrow the Trump administration.

My point is... If you get your news from YouTube, blogs and conspiracy nuts, you ARE very absolutely, very poorly informed.

The last thing i would call the MSM is real news.

They are concerned about their rights being taken away and are looking for the truth and have no reason to lie.

The witnesses were interviewed right after the event. The "real news" lol are known to lie and push agendas. Coverage and people who question the event have been censored and all videos on YouTube deleted. The only website that is not censoring and encouraging people to post videos and people have gone to after YouTube deleted all their channels and videos is 153news.net and they are trying to shut down this website too.

I don't get the news from a single source and I'm very well informed. You should do some research before believing everything coming out of the MSM. The 1st and 2nd Amendment are under attack by the same people.

They are concerned about their rights being taken away and are looking for the truth and have no reason to lie.

The witnesses were interviewed right after the event. The "real news" lol are known to lie and push agendas. Coverage and people who question the event have been censored and all videos on YouTube deleted. The only website that is not censoring and encouraging people to post videos and people have gone to after YouTube deleted all their channels and videos is 153news.net and they are trying to shut down this website too.

I don't get the news from a single source and I'm very well informed. You should do some research before believing everything coming out of the MSM. The 1st and 2nd Amendment are under attack by the same people.

You were duped by the people who published the video you saw and shared with us.Eye witnesses are horribly unreliable, and you have no clue who those people are, where they were and when they spoke on camera. The Real News (aka MSM) has vast resources and real responsibilities to actually find out what happened. If there was a huge "cover up" and the shooting was a "false flag", Real News coverage would be constant and you would be viewing YouTube videos pointing out the lies of the MSM and claiming it was a conspiracy to overthrow the Trump administration. My point is... If you get your news from YouTube, blogs and conspiracy nuts, you ARE very absolutely, very poorly informed.
They are concerned about their rights being taken away and are looking for the truth and have no reason to lie. The witnesses were interviewed right after the event. The "real news" lol are known to lie and push agendas. Coverage and people who question the event have been censored and all videos on YouTube deleted. The only website that is not censoring and encouraging people to post videos and people have gone to after YouTube deleted all their channels and videos is 153news.net and they are trying to shut down this website too. I don't get the news from a single source and I'm very well informed. You should do some research before believing everything coming out of the MSM. The 1st and 2nd Amendment are under attack by the same people.

If you believe anything from 153news, you are not well informed.

Classmate of David Hogg says he is 25 years old and from California. Also video for gun control made 5 hours before the shooting at the school at 9:32 am February 14th.

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=UHAHXK91XM1K

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=R61MX2UMN863

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=9BXOAOYG5RBD

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=7SM479HMBX2H

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=HK5OMWKN1XXN

Seems like it’s setting the younger crowd especially young girls to be potential victims.

This is the plan of the left. Disarm people, make them helpless, they become more dependent on government to protect them. That way when budget crises hit, and they want more money for cronies, they can manipulate the electorate with "raise taxes or else we cut police and fire" a lot easier. Tax increases pass, and they divert the extra revenue to cronies anyway.

To be fair, this bill actually was a compromise. I'm not saying it was a good compromise, but indeed a part of the bill was pro-2a / pro-self-defense of students.

Looking at the voting record tells this. The majority of Dems who voted "no" wanted a 100% bad bill, and were upset and unwilling to settle for a 80% bad / 20% good bill.

I'm just guessing, but my speculation is the Republicans who voted for it did so for political cover to avoid having to vote for the 100% bad bill that would've come up otherwise. They got the best they thought they could at the time (when the anti-gun MSM and the evil gun groups have the upper hand.)

In Illinois, we couldn't even get the 80% bad bill if we wanted. Shortly we will be stuck with the 100% bad one (e.g. all taking away rights and zero compromise.)

I have to admit, I think I got click-baited by the thread title. I would not describe the legislation passed as Florida falling.

There is no way there was not going to be a gun control measure passed in Florida after this shooting. This legislation does have one positive aspect to it for me: It's one of the only bills I have seen proposed that may have actually prevented this incident from happening. If anyone thinks this would be the same level of control passed in a blue state under the same circumstances, they are delusional.

Do I endorse it? Absolutely not.

I have to admit, I think I got click-baited by the thread title. I would not describe the legislation passed as Florida falling.

There is no way there was not going to be a gun control measure passed in Florida after this shooting. This legislation does have one positive aspect to it for me: It's one of the only bills I have seen proposed that may have actually prevented this incident from happening. If anyone thinks this would be the same level of control passed in a blue state under the same circumstances, they are delusional.

Do I endorse it? Absolutely not.

There is also a REAL good chance the under 21 type laws do not withstand Constitutional muster as well. So, keep the gun grabbers at bay, and potentially have what was passed nullified in court.

IMHO the 21 doesn’t hold water. You can’t compare the privilege of alcohol with the right of voting or owning firearms. The defining age for everything between adolescence and adulthood is 18. Voting, selective service, emancipation, and 2nd amendment. If they are going to try the argument that you are not “mentally prepared” to own firearms until you are 21 then you are not “mentally prepared” for any of the others. Very simple argument. Either you are or you are not.

IMHO the 21 doesn’t hold water. You can’t compare the privilege of alcohol with the right of voting or owning firearms. The defining age for everything between adolescence and adulthood is 18. Voting, selective service, emancipation, and 2nd amendment. If they are going to try the argument that you are not “mentally prepared” to own firearms until you are 21 then you are not “mentally prepared” for any of the others. Very simple argument. Either you are or you are not.

If you're not 'mentally' mature enough to purchase firearms, then you sure as sh*t are not mature enough to be given actual assault weapons, trained to kill, and sent to fight in wars, or trained to maintain our nuclear arsenal.

If you're not 'mentally' mature enough to purchase firearms, then you sure as sh*t are not mature enough to be given actual assault weapons, trained to kill, and sent to fight in wars, or trained to maintain our nuclear arsenal.

This is an entirely different debate, but I sometimes wonder if we should be sending 18 year olds to fight our wars. Citizens who have had little or no chance at all to be a part of the democratic process in electing those who send them...

Not taking a position, just thinking.

This is an entirely different debate, but I sometimes wonder if we should be sending 18 year olds to fight our wars. Citizens who have had little or no chance at all to be a part of the democratic process in electing those who send them...

Point is, you can't have it both ways.

18 year olds have the right to vote. The U.S. military is all-volunteer.

They do, but how many chances have they had to do so?

Selective Service Registration still exists.

I'd be okay with raising the age to own firearms to 21, but only if the ages get raised in a similar fashion for these things:

You must be 21 years or older to:

- Get an abortion

- Vote

- Enlist in the military

While the rhetoric for raising the age to 21 to buy firearms or possess them is that you're not mentally developed enough yet, then using that same argument, why are you mentally developed enough for the three things I listed above?

Selective Service Registration still exists.

There seems to be more than one person named as the last person drafted into the U.S. military. It was 1972 or 1973. There are no draftees now. No one is joining another service now to avoid the Army or to get a better assignment. Since 1976 the military has been all volunteers, which would include draftees that reupped on their own. To today's youth, the Selective Service registration is little more than a ritual. There is no immediate chance of a call up.

https://www.nytimes.com/1982/05/31/nyregion/last-draftee-glad-he-s-out.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/03/armys-last-draftee-to-retire-after-3-years.html

https://www.army.mil/article/137112/Last_continuously_serving_draftee_retires_after_42_years_of_service/

This is an entirely different debate, but I sometimes wonder if we should be sending 18 year olds to fight our wars. Citizens who have had little or no chance at all to be a part of the democratic process in electing those who send them... Not taking a position, just thinking. 18 year olds have the right to vote. The U.S. military is all-volunteer. Selective Service Registration still exists. There seems to be more than one person named as the last person drafted into the U.S. military. It was 1972 or 1973. There are no draftees now. No one is joining another service now to avoid the Army or to get a better assignment. Since 1976 the military has been all volunteers, which would include draftees that reupped on their own. To today's youth, the Selective Service registration is little more than a ritual. There is no immediate chance of a call up. https://www.nytimes.com/1982/05/31/nyregion/last-draftee-glad-he-s-out.html http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/03/armys-last-draftee-to-retire-after-3-years.html https://www.army.mil/article/137112/Last_continuously_serving_draftee_retires_after_42_years_of_service/
There is no immediate chance of a Gallup, but there most certainly are repercussions for opting not to partake in this "ritual."Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

18 is old enough to:

Be charged as an adult for any crime, period.

Get married.

Be held civilly and criminally liable for their own minor offspring.

Relieve their own parents of any liability.

Enter into legal contracts.

Get a drivers license w/ no training.

Enlist in the armed forces.

Be drafted into the armed forces.

Work as a full time employee.

Vote.

The major play here is the diminishing of gun ownership as a natural right.

It's a shame that the legislature was duped and gave in to their emotional blackmail. They were coached by Bloomberg's everytown which also organized the rallies and protests. I signed up for everytown alerts.

Everytown: Thanks for joining the movement to end gun violence. Sign up to get involved here: every.tw/Students

On Saturday, 3/24, students across the country will march for common-sense gun safety laws at March for Our Lives. REPLY w/ your ZIP for info on local marches.

Thanks! Here's some info on March for Our Lives events near you: http://lil.ms/2jhx/4n922k

While supplies last take $20 off a Students Demand Action tee w/ code SDA20. Order by tomorrow to get it before March for Our Lives: http://lil.ms/2jie/4n922k

URGENT Everytown Alert: Gov. Rauner planning to VETO a bill to require gun dealer licensing. Reply CALL to be connected and tell him to reverse his decision!

Archived