Photo

IL Student Safety and Protection Resolution

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,189 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

Finally, I just got home from our school board meeting. The student Safety and Protection resolution passed unanimously.

The biggest hold up was the conversation about arming teachers. It was repeatedly explained that this resolution did not allow teachers to be armed instantly.

If you present this resolution to your school district expect people to focus on guns and arming teachers. Glad it's done.

KING

This is FANTASTIC!  Please follow up with them as the deadline to submit is June 20th, one week away.  They will probably need to email their resolution because snail mail is going to take too long. There is a submission form they will need to fill out and send in with a signed copy of the resolution.

I can email that to you, if you need it.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#32 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

Finally, I just got home from our school board meeting. The student Safety and Protection resolution passed unanimously.
The biggest hold up was the conversation about arming teachers. It was repeatedly explained that this resolution did not allow teachers to be armed instantly.
If you present this resolution to your school district expect people to focus on guns and arming teachers. Glad it's done.

KING

This is FANTASTIC!  Please follow up with them as the deadline to submit is June 20th, one week away.  They will probably need to email their resolution because snail mail is going to take too long. There is a submission form they will need to fill out and send in with a signed copy of the resolution.

I can email that to you, if you need it.

I will call the school board president tomorrow and find out if he is aware of the deadline. I will ask him about the submission form also as one of our board members is an IASB delegate.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#33 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,189 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

That's great!  Just let me know if I need to do anything.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#34 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

That's great!  Just let me know if I need to do anything.

If I need anything I will call you tomorrow. Thanks

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users