Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Checked the status today and it says "Active" for FOID and CCP.

Thank you very much for your help Molly B.

Hi, new here. Found this site yesterday while on hold with ISP (was on hold for 3 hours and at 5PM it just said "we are currently closed" :no: ).

Applied for CCL on 1/7/2020

Applied for FOID renewal on 3/7/2020

As of 7/1/2020 application still says "Under Review" (submitted) which is 176 days since CCL and 117 days since FOID renewal.

Thank you Molly B. for your help. I'll update once anything changes.

My application date is 3/16. Inspect element has been in submitted late afternoon today. Just checked it now and I went right to approved.

I was a little worried that I never went to qc verified and was sitting at submitted for almost 120 days.

Prints or no prints?

Seems like the no prints route takes anywhere from 100-150 days.

I'm only at about 44 days with prints. Hoping that's about the half-way mark, but who knows in this state.

My application date is 3/16. Inspect element has been in submitted late afternoon today. Just checked it now and I went right to approved.

I was a little worried that I never went to qc verified and was sitting at submitted for almost 120 days.

Prints or no prints?

I'm only at about 44 days with prints. Hoping that's about the half-way mark, but who knows in this state.

No prints

Prints or no prints?

No prints

Thanks.

Application date shows 3-9-2020 with prints according to the web site. right now I'm right around 133+ calendar days. Should I be concerned? What can/should I do?

I can't help but feel as though my application got hung up in the gears somehow as it seems most people are experiencing wait times right around the "suggested" 90/120 days.

129 days and that’s counting holidays and such.

With the current wait times posted here, my guess is that within 21 days the app will go active!

Are you checking the portal for updates? Can’t believe I’m saying this but....did you do the inspect element trick?

Welcome to the Forums, hang in there it’s going to happen.

This state is such a disaster. Someone with prints is sitting on 120+ days... Guess the prints are pointless.

Based upon my experience and anecdotes from here and other sources, I’m guessing that new FOID applications, FOID renewals, and new CCL applications are being prioritized over CCL renewals.

This state is such a disaster. Someone with prints is sitting on 120+ days... Guess the prints are pointless.

Based upon my experience and anecdotes from here and other sources, I’m guessing that new FOID applications, FOID renewals, and new CCL applications are being prioritized over CCL renewals.

Makes sense. Hadn't noticed one was a renewal. Thanks for the correction.

damn I thought it was Christmas I got something from ISP police today I figured it woube my ccl since it has a active date of 7-13 but it was my foid with the new number dated 7-14 wonder if the come from different departments oh well should be any day now kinda weird a friend got his ccl the other day and hasn't gotten the new foid

I checked my status today and it seems we have movement! After a somewhat lengthy waiting period, by using the inspect element trick, I find my status now reads "<span class="APPROVED">Under Review</span>". I'm not certain what comes next but from reading other posts it sounds like a bit more waiting for the next batch to be processed by the printer followed by USPS delivery, perhaps another 10 days or so.

While obviously my CCL is not yet in hand, this status change is very exciting news! Nobody is pleased with the extended wait times, but personally i'm very thankful for all the kind folks here who have helped me navigate the CCL process. Thank you! Without this site, we would likely be left with writing a letter to an unknown recipient or having to pay an attorney follow up on our behalf.

Just ran into a pretty interesting situation. In my constant attempts to open the eyes of all Democrats out there, I took my sons girlfriend's dad to the range this spring. Inner city guy who has historically been anti-gun. Had a great time, and he said he was looking to get a pistol to learn more. Great - mission accomplished. He sends in the FOID app, and I we agree to go again some time.

Fast forward, shortly there after, my CCL renewal arrives, and they send me a new FOID, but stupidly, they send a new card that expires in a couple of months. So I have to wait for the site to allow the application, and I do it on day one. Naturally, all FOID processing is supposedly on hold and my card is expiring shortly, which isn't cool. I know there is the extension, but tell that to some minimum wage bozo at the ammo counter.

But odd thing is, I was just told that the girlfriends dad got his new FOID a while back? What? So, they are only putting renewals on hold? Worse, those with CCL licenses that statutorily will be null and void when the FOID expires? Granted we get a CrackerJack box IOU not to worry about it.

Seems very odd that they will be processing new FOID apps and setting renewals on hold. What sense does that make?

Update: received my renewed FOID on 7/17/20 and CCL on 7/20/20.

It seems like renewing FOID while waiting for CCL reset the process and put me back at the end of the line. If you need to renew FOID while waiting for your CCL I would suggest to wait if you can, especially since there is an extension due to COVID.

Checked the status today and it says "Active" for FOID and CCP.

Thank you very much for your help Molly B.

Hi, new here. Found this site yesterday while on hold with ISP (was on hold for 3 hours and at 5PM it just said "we are currently closed" :no: ).

Applied for CCL on 1/7/2020

Applied for FOID renewal on 3/7/2020

As of 7/1/2020 application still says "Under Review" (submitted) which is 176 days since CCL and 117 days since FOID renewal.

Thank you Molly B. for your help. I'll update once anything changes.

I don’t see where they are putting FOID cards on hold!

Yes it’s been a long process for everyone attempting to get a renewal, but on hold?

So I guess all those who have been posting about getting their renewed FOID cards finally were wrong?

Best to not tell any new members wrong information when they visit here, and we are getting many new members of late.

Yes it takes a longer time, but no it’s not on hold!

I don’t see where they are putting FOID cards on hold!

Yes it’s been a long process for everyone attempting to get a renewal, but on hold?

So I guess all those who have been posting about getting their renewed FOID cards finally were wrong?

Best to not tell any new members wrong information when they visit here, and we are getting many new members of late.

Yes it takes a longer time, but no it’s not on hold!

Who are you talking to, Bozo? As far as I'm concerned, if it takes longer than 90 days, when the law says 30 days, that's pretty well on some version of premeditated hold. But, the bigger point you unfortunately failed to grasp was, there is clearly NO hold on processing New Applications, which is counter-intuitive from a priority perspective as they clearly don't have a corresponding CCL in jeopardy. But naturally, we wouldn't expect a clown to pick up on such nuances.

On edit - The Bozo and Clown remarks are not cutdowns at all, just simply referencing your own chosen avator pic.

Ok

My application of hold is they arent processing them, hence they are on hold/keeps

And therefore if they actually process them, and we all know the state of Illinois is way over the stated limits, the not on hold just the .... being ....!

P.S. The Bozo thing is all good

I just cant come up with anything for you avatar! Mr. Gunowner?

There is a statutory requirement of 30 days for new foids which is a state requirement for possessing firearms. That becomes the priority.

Expired foid cards are remaining valid right now and ccls are not being revoked when foids reach the expiration date, therefore the state is not seeing renewals as a priority under current situation.

My opinion

The bottom-line is, whatever hardship they are claiming that is causing the delays, they are absolutely, positively putting CCL holders at the bottom of the priority list. I'm not sure if that is a purposeful slap in the face, but no doubt they are extremely aware they are putting us statutorily in jeopardy, whereas there is no similar peril for new applicants. Totally reprehensible behavior, Imho.

*** Just saw Molly's post at the same time. If there is no mention of 30 days for renewals, especially in light of being a prerequisite for keeping our CCL's valid, the law needs to be changed, simple as that. I don't buy Crackerjack IOU's on extensions, and neither do many store clerks when trying to buy firearms and ammo.

Well, not sure if I'm understanding this right ... but I took my CCL 3 hour renewal class last Wednesday, July 15th, 2020.

I submitted my CCL Renewal "diploma" on Thursday, July 16th. I had submitted Prints back in 2015 when I first applied for my CCL.

On Tuesday, July 21st, for grins, I "right clicked" the Under Review, selected "Inspect" and saw the following:

.SUBMITTED, QC_VERIFIED, APPROVED

Huh? From Submitted to Approved in 5 days? Can't possibly be true. I did notice that "Submitted" was in dark typeface, than the other two. So maybe I'm interpreting it wrong.

Submitted 3/1

At 143 days and counting. Emailed state rep and just got told to pound sand because of circumstances. Hopefully soon

So did your State Rep tell you to pound sand or was this the response from the ISP to your Rep?

ISP to state rep to me.. I stated in the email the steps I took (calling ISP and going through voice prompts, viewing status on the dashboard) and how I was approaching 5 months. The rep then mentioned they won't reach out to liaison because of the understaffing.

ISP to state rep to me.. I stated in the email the steps I took (calling ISP and going through voice prompts, viewing status on the dashboard) and how I was approaching 5 months.

Archived