School shooting in Colorado

THE KING

8 miles from Columbine HS and in the county of the Sheriff who spearheaded CO’s red flag bs. WHAT ARE THE ODDS?........

It's strange that in more than a year since Parkland there hasn't been any mass shootings but now all of the sudden we had a few. The only way they can take the guns is by playing dirty.

Bringing it back...

Girls can be school shooters, too.

16 year old Brenda Spencer opened fire with a rifle on elementary students and staff as they arrived for school on January 29th 1979 in San Diego CA. The principal and a custodian were killed, eight children and a police officer were injured.

The incident was memorialized in a song by the Boomtown Rats, I Don’t Like Mondays.

I was 18 years old at the time and I remember this incident vividly. It was the first school mass shooting I had ever heard about.

^ this ***

OK, now I REALLY feel slow-witted (which at 70 ain't hard to feel - lol ) - I watched the video and must have completely missed the point/purpose of it? Beyond how much I dislike that style music and find it annoying.

I however am not stupid and realize that all anti-gun 'action' groups push their agendas at every opportunity as one would expect. Not unlike all the Facebook ads with important pro-gun and pro-freedom and pro-2A counter-messages that also have the significant banner of their authors, the NRA.

It is a reality that MANY generations of urban and suburban folks are filled with ignorance, fear and the then resulting hatred of guns in general. This of course includes the media. The mere term "gun violence" grates on my ears like fingernails across a chalk board (if anyone under 50 even knows what chalk boards are). Stabbings don't result in reports of knife violence, car crashes caused by drunk drivers don't get reported as car violence etc.etc.

I also understand the real and honest 'need' for calls to quick action to 'fix' this horrible condition that produces such sociopaths and guns are an easy target, albeit the wrong target of all that effort. It's a shame that there will never be an honest discussion of real remedies between the two groups - pro gun and anti gun. Any more than there will ever come a 'compromise' between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice beliefs.

OK, now I REALLY feel slow-witted (which at 70 ain't hard to feel - lol ) - I watched the video and must have completely missed the point/purpose of it? Beyond how much I dislike that style music and find it annoying.

I however am not stupid and realize that all anti-gun 'action' groups push their agendas at every opportunity as one would expect. Not unlike all the Facebook ads with important pro-gun and pro-freedom and pro-2A counter-messages that also have the significant banner of their authors, the NRA.

It is a reality that MANY generations of urban and suburban folks are filled with ignorance, fear and the then resulting hatred of guns in general. This of course includes the media. The mere term "gun violence" grates on my ears like fingernails across a chalk board (if anyone under 50 even knows what chalk boards are). Stabbings don't result in reports of knife violence, car crashes caused by drunk drivers don't get reported as car violence etc.etc.

I also understand the real and honest 'need' for calls to quick action to 'fix' this horrible condition that produces such sociopaths and guns are an easy target, albeit the wrong target of all that effort. It's a shame that there will never be an honest discussion of real remedies between the two groups - pro gun and anti gun. Any more than there will ever come a 'compromise' between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice beliefs.

Point was it’s documentation of someone who was there and asked for it not to be politicized. MDA and gun control supporters spammed his posts and did the opposite

Students are starting to recognize Moms and Brady for what they are AND where the real issues are:

Democrats, Moms Demand Action Politicize Vigil. Students Storm Out, Chant 'Mental Health!'

I was just getting ready to post that!

Yup, mental health! They didn't want to be used as political props for gun control.

Yes saw this and it was nice to see the students recognized the manipulation and stood up against it.

I suspect somewhere they have a pretty sharp teacher perhaps (social studies, history, media matters) that discussed past examples of the agenda driven saber rattlers and the young adults didn't get sucked into it.

"Mental health" Good counter and more of a issue that needs more study.

Bringing it back...

Girls can be school shooters, too.

16 year old Brenda Spencer opened fire with a rifle on elementary students and staff as they arrived for school on January 29th 1979 in San Diego CA. The principal and a custodian were killed, eight children and a police officer were injured.

The incident was memorialized in a song by the Boomtown Rats, I Don’t Like Mondays.

I was 18 years old at the time and I remember this incident vividly. It was the first school mass shooting I had ever heard about.

^ this ***

Let's not forget, I won't use her name, in Winnekta in 1988.

Also USA Today

The event Wednesday was primarily billed as a vigil to honor Kendrick Castillo, who was fatally shot in a rampage by two students at the STEM school here. Speakers at the school's packed gymnasium, however, were mostly politicians and advocates pressing Congress for more restrictive gun laws.

After about 30 minutes, hundreds of students from the STEM School stormed out yelling "this is not for us," "political stunt" and "we are people, not a statement."

Outside, the traumatized shooting survivors thrust lighted cellphones into the air and chanted "mental health, mental health," as their hands and voices shook in the cold rain. Angry students pushed and screamed at journalists, demanding to see photos they had taken.

Interview requests made by a USA TODAY reporter were rebuffed; multiple students said they had agreed not to talk to journalists.

Many students appeared unaware the event was organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jason Crow, both Democrats, both spoke at length about the need for federal action. The Brady Campaign invited reporters to cover the event.

In an apology issued afterward, the Brady Campaign said all efforts should be focused on supporting the STEM students, families and faculty members.

"We are deeply sorry any part of this vigil did not provide the support, caring and sense of community we sought to foster and facilitate and which we know is so crucial to communities who suffer the trauma of gun violence," the statement said.

Some STEM students and family members held a private vigil earlier in the day. They said the public and journalists were kept out to permit anguished students and their parents a chance to grieve together away from the media spotlight into which they have unwillingly been thrust.

Reading the article past the headline, the "Hates Christians" refers to those who hate gay people and all those in the LGBTQ community, like his friend. Can't say I much care for rabid intolerance of others either, while of course not condoning their decision to engage in such hateful, violent sociopathic behavior as a response to it.

Point was it’s documentation of someone who was there and asked for it not to be politicized. MDA and gun control supporters spammed his posts and did the opposite.

Of course they did ! They can't let a tragedy go to waste !!

Archived