Utah Man Wins Stay In Bump Stock Ban

mauserme

It's only one man, but it's a step in the right direction:

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/03/22/looming-bump-stock-ban-blocked-by-federal-court-order?fbclid=IwAR3rPWAQ32ciLS1LpJQdAnTQBDidF288HCBlHGzaWLSqK2_Bz2R_736eit0

UTAH MAN WINS STAY IN LOOMING FEDERAL BUMP STOCK BAN[/size]

03/22/19 5:00 AM | by Chris Eger

The U.S. 10th Circuit on Thursday issued a temporary stay of the pending federal bump stock ban set to take effect next week.

The stay comes in the case of Utah gun rights advocate W. Clark Aposhian, backed by the nonprofit New Civil Liberties Alliance, which takes issue with how government regulators moved to outlaw the devices last year. As such, it blocks enforcement, set to take effect on March 26, only against Aposhian while his case is in the courts.

Today the Court of Appeals told the ATF that it could not rush through the bump stock ban without meaningful judicial review, said Caleb Kruckenberg, NCLAs litigation counsel, in a statement to Guns.com. The Court understands the stakes and is refusing to let an innocent owner be declared a felon, as scheduled.

-- more at link --

emphasis added

I've been waiting for this..

Hopefully it gets struck down completely in a future court case, using results from the (hopefully positive) outcome of this case as a precedent.

The government has no right whatsoever to deprive any man of his lawfully acquired property without just compensation, and I'm sure there are people out there that have dozens of these things, which would fleece them of potentially thousands of dollars of goods, unlawfully.

What crime did he or more than 500,000 people that own them committed? The legal system is turning into guilty until proven innocent. Not America and very tyrannical.

It sets a terrible precedent where a future President can ban anything he wants which is legal by the stroke of the pen changing the interpretation.

What crime did he or more than 500,000 people that own them committed? The legal system is turning into guilty until proven innocent. Not America and very tyrannical.

It sets a terrible precedent where a future President can ban anything he wants which is legal by the stroke of the pen changing the interpretation.

Basically....1 out of 499,999 committed a horrible crime...so I guess that means an illegal ban.

If one out of every 500,000 were criminals, the world would be a great place.

Basically....1 out of 499,999 committed a horrible crime...so I guess that means an illegal ban.

Edit for transparency, maybe 1 committed a horrible crime with the device, to the best of my knowledge the FBI has ever disclosed if a bump stock firearm was used in the crime, just that bump stock equipped firearms were found.

If one out of every 500,000 were criminals, the world would be a great place.

Collective punishment like in the Soviet Union is not ok. If someone commits a crime with an AR'15, they should not make your AR-15 illegal too. If this law stands, that's what's gonna happen in the future.

Our legal system is based on innocent until proven guilty and we are not a dictatorship yet and we don't punish the innocent with the guilty. The leadership of the NRA is willingly or unwillingly being set up and Trump is a deep state Trojan horse who has deceived and betrayed gun owners. He has done what Obama wasn't willing and thought was illegal to do.

Flynn is right, I have watched dozens of videos and witnesses contradicting what happened and no evidence has been shown. Staged events have been used throughout history to take rights away. Look what happened in New Zealand, the shooting lasted 17 minutes in the middle of the city during the day but no police show up. He shot his windshield twice with a shotgun and no impact and things don't add up. I saw the whole video and is censored everywhere but can be found on 153news.net

Collective punishment like in the Soviet Union is not ok. If someone commits a crime with an AR'15, they should not make your AR-15 illegal too. If this law stands, that's what's gonna happen in the future.

Our legal system is based on innocent until proven guilty and we are not a dictatorship yet and we don't punish the innocent with the guilty. The leadership of the NRA is willingly or unwillingly being set up and Trump is a deep state Trojan horse who has deceived and betrayed gun owners. He has done what Obama wasn't willing and thought was illegal to do.

Flynn is right, I have watched dozens of videos and witnesses contradicting what happened and no evidence has been shown. Staged events have been used throughout history to take rights away. Look what happened in New Zealand, the shooting lasted 17 minutes in the middle of the city during the day but no police show up. He shot his windshield twice with a shotgun and no impact and things don't add up. I saw the whole video and is censored everywhere but can be found on 153news.net

I was gonna write some half clever comment on possible delusional thinking re staged events and the dangers of such, until I noticed your comment on Trump. That made me smile!

Cheers

I was gonna write some half clever comment on possible delusional thinking re staged events and the dangers of such, until I noticed your comment on Trump. That made me smile!

Cheers

You can write anything you want but a picture is worth more than a thousand words and not delusional when there's proof. Gotta tell it like it is.

Archived