Active ongoing shooting situation in Philly

InterestedBystander

Police arrive for investigation of drug activity. Started about 4:30. Now in an ongoing shooting situation. 5 officers shot. Some suspects are in custody. Still engaged with active gunman. Reported over 100 shots fired.

https://www.fox29.com/news/5-police-officers-shot-one-injured-in-accident-in-north-philadelphia

...One officer has been shot in the head and is listed in critical condition while another officer was shot in the arm. No word on the second officer's condition at this time.

Other injuries regarding the other officers involved in the incident remain unclear at this time.

The officers were taken to Temple University Hospital. Two officers are reportedly stable at Einstein Medical Center.

FOX 29's Jeff Cole reports one narcotics officer is in a bedroom with two suspects while a shooter is firing shots through the ceiling...

Fox News just reported at least 1 AR15 and several handguns. 6 officers shot, 3 suspects arrested so far. 2 officers are trapped in the building, possibly with the shooter. I've reached out to a friend who recently retired from Philly PD and is now DOJ. PPD was trying to serve a narc warrant. Location is near 611 & US 13 and Intrastate 76. This is in North Philly, which is like the southside of Chicago. Very high crime rates, economically impoverished, decades of Democrat controlled politics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My son goes to Temple.

Lives a bit south of the commotion. Neighborhood is exciting but nothing like near west and south cesspool.

He says it’s pretty quiet in his neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son goes to Temple.

Lives a bit south of the commotion. Neighborhood is exciting but nothing like near west and south cesspool.

He says it’s pretty quiet in his neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in Philly I lived northeast of Temple. One of the trainstops for the line that went past Temple is Trevose. When my wife was working on her Masters Degree at Penn she took the train from Trevose to the 30th Street Station almost daily.

If your son is looking for an indoor shooting range I highly recommend Delaware Valley Sports Center. Good guys, reasonable prices. The range isn't billed per hour. It's a flat fee and you can be there as long as you want. Iirc, it was $20. They also teach firearms courses in their classrooms on the 2nd floor. I'll admit that I'm biased. I use to be their sole Utah CFP instructor. I even helped with one of their commercials a few years ago. Tony is the owner. His brother is behind the counter. They are really good guys, and it's a great place.

Imo, minimize risk to the responding LEO and community by calling Fort Dix to respond with an artillery round. That's not a realistic scenario given the round would have to pass through 2 high traffic airport landing route -- Philadelphia and Newark, plus the huge volume of air traffic to Fort Dix/McGuire/Lakehurst. So, unfortunately, that means the LEO will have to wait this guy out or cause an explosive gas leak. I doubt the gas leak will happen because Democrats love to spend other people's money like every day is April 15th. They'll wait the guy out and foot the bill for due process of law.

Looks like the guy was a convicted felon with a lengthy rap sheet. Clearly would've been prohibited from purchasing any firearms. Still the Democrat mayor of Philadelphia blamed the NRA and Pennsylvania state Republicans. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Exactly the guy was a career criminal that was prohibited from lawfully owning or possessing firearms (heck he shouldn't have even been walking the streets from what I see, but it appears he was getting the Kim Foxx treatment time and time again for his crimes) so once again we prove that criminals don't obey laws, who would have imagined?

His rapsheet https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-51-CR-0009794-2012&dnh=I369gaIHyx%2bGqhEXI66YmA%3d%3d

As it has been pointed out, the guy has a lengthy criminal record. What is also sad is how the community responded to the incident:

Onlookers were seen taunting and throwing things at Philadelphia police Wednesday night amid a wild shootout and subsequent standoff that saw six cops wounded, and video posted online shows one woman shoving a police officer making his way to the scene.
Philadelphia’s KYW-TV reporter Alexandria Hoff described on Twitter Wednesday night how a crowd of people bordering the blocked off active shooter scene allegedly harassed officers.
"I mentioned this at 10 and since I was harassed during that live shot, I’ll mention it here, too," Hoff said on Twitter. "A major moment of disappointment this evening was watching a crowd of people taunt police officers, laughing and yelling at them in the midst of the gunfire.
Instead of blaming the gun, they need to be blaming the community and the criminal for their actions.

As it has been pointed out, the guy has a lengthy criminal record. What is also sad is how the community responded to the incident:

Onlookers were seen taunting and throwing things at Philadelphia police Wednesday night amid a wild shootout and subsequent standoff that saw six cops wounded, and video posted online shows one woman shoving a police officer making his way to the scene.

Philadelphia’s KYW-TV reporter Alexandria Hoff described on Twitter Wednesday night how a crowd of people bordering the blocked off active shooter scene allegedly harassed officers.

"I mentioned this at 10 and since I was harassed during that live shot, I’ll mention it here, too," Hoff said on Twitter. "A major moment of disappointment this evening was watching a crowd of people taunt police officers, laughing and yelling at them in the midst of the gunfire.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/crowd-of-onlookers-taunt-police-during-philadelphia-standoff-reports

Instead of blaming the gun, they need to be blaming the community and the criminal for their actions.

Like I said in one of my earlier, high crime rate like Chicago's Southside. No respect for LEO North Philly and Northeast Philly. The mayor publicly trash talks his police officers.

No allegedly about it, there is cell phone video and photos showing it happening.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/disturbing-video-shows-crowd-harassing-cops-during-philadelphia-shooting/

It gets worse. Look at image my friend in Philly sent.

That appears to be coming from these infected nuts

https://www.facebook.com/Black-Community-Control-of-Police-559879807448690/

I just received a call from my friend in Philly after passing the info you provided along to them. He says thank you for the intel. They were aware of this group existing in Ferguson, MO, but not Philly. It's now on the radar for PPD and the DOJ. They will be at the scene of the shootout tomorrow to look at what occurred.

They also didn't have very kind words for the Narc unit that botched this warrant. They lost containment of the 1st floor. It's believed this is due to them not fully clearing the 1st floor. The narc unit is not SWAT, and do things kind of by the seat of their pants. Complacency got them in major trouble this time. They're lucky none of them were killed.

Archived