Cough Cough - Maybe it's time to call the ACLU

SiliconSorcerer

I've said it before (sorry if you annoyed) but it's just to darn expensive to exercise your right in the state of Illinois.

When all is said and done $1,000 for a husband and wife isn't chump change to most people, not even the working middle class with a couple kids.

I don't pay to vote and it cost a whole heck of a lot of money, why is this different?

If the state wants this level of training they should foot the bill for it, offer it pay the instructors, or whatever.

I get a voters card, I don't pay for it.

And it's only going to get worse as many continue to vote with their feet and leave this train wreck of a state.

If the state wants this level of training they should foot the bill for it, offer it pay the instructors, or whatever.

Careful, by the time the state builds and maintains the facilities and hires a bloated staff to run and maintain them and they all unionize and get pensions and health care for life it will cost you $1,000 in extra taxes every single year lol.

I've said it before (sorry if you annoyed) but it's just to darn expensive to exercise your right in the state of Illinois.

When all is said and done $1,000 for a husband and wife isn't chump change to most people, not even the working middle class with a couple kids.

I don't pay to vote and it cost a whole heck of a lot of money, why is this different?

Did you really just say that? Nothing provided by the state is free to its citizens. $500 apiece? Don't tell me you're counting the gun you need to exercise the right anyway. And I hope someone told you that prints are not mandatory. And I'll echo what has been said about the ALCU, they have never supported the view that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, even after Heller and thus they do not see fit to help us in our battles.

$500 apiece? Don't tell me you're counting the gun you need to exercise the right anyway. And I hope someone told you that prints are not mandatory.

My classes were $260 + $150 for the license = $410 Add in ammo and gas and lunch both days and its darn close to $500 without the prints (which I supplied). This amount of money is outrageous! And I've been out of work since last July, so it hurts! $75 for a change of address? Are you kidding me? I can see a point where a class action suit is brought against the State for impeding peoples ability to exercise their Second Amendment Rights. The money paid should do nothing except cover the States cost to issue the license, not to update their old systems.

Stay Safe and Carry Responsibly

ACLU is a Marxist organization, so they don't believe in the 2A. They love thugs, criminals, rapists, murderers, and any other lowlifes that threaten peoples' lives.

Because civil rights should only apply to people that haven't been accused of committing a crime, right?

No, because the ALCU has an agenga. They do not defend the constitution across the board in a non-biased way.

But then, you knew that already...

ACLU is a Marxist organization, so they don't believe in the 2A. They love thugs, criminals, rapists, murderers, and any other lowlifes that threaten peoples' lives.

Because civil rights should only apply to people that haven't been accused of committing a crime, right?

No, because the ALCU has an agenga. They do not defend the constitution across the board in a non-biased way.

Well, they're certainly not a perfect organization, but I much prefer living in a country where they've been active than in one where they hadn't been.

Well, they're certainly not a perfect organization, but I much prefer living in a country where they've been active than in one where they hadn't been.

they seem all principled and idealistic when defending the grand dragon of the klu klux klan... but then suddenly those ideals and principles melt away when asked about the 2nd amendment. I sent them a question about their 2nd amendment stance (in one of the postage paid envelopes they sent me when requesting a donation). The response I got was that the current laws (mind you this was 1995) prohibiting firearm ownership in Chicago, or prohibiting "bearing" arms were not a violation in their view...

last time I got a request for a donation as well.

they seem all principled and idealistic when defending the grand dragon of the klu klux klan... but then suddenly those ideals and principles melt away when asked about the 2nd amendment. I sent them a question about their 2nd amendment stance (in one of the postage paid envelopes they sent me when requesting a donation). The response I got was that the current laws (mind you this was 1995) prohibiting firearm ownership in Chicago, or prohibiting "bearing" arms were not a violation in their view...

last time I got a request for a donation as well.

Well, they've come down on the 2nd in a slightly different way than many on here would have liked (and strangely, they haven't seemed to have changed that stance much since Heller). Still, they've been a force against mob rule - one of the things that makes this country great.

I'm not sure if they gave support (other then verbal) but they definitely opposed stop and frisk, if they were completely anti-gun I would have expected them to at least be quiet on it. I fully expect a rise in crime but maybe then need to lighten up on concealed carry vs violating peoples rights.

I know in the past their position had been that the 2nd guaranteed was a collective, not individual, right. I'm kind of surprised they haven't been more vocal about that issue following the Heller decision.

I guess I look at as shouldn't the less fortunate have the same legal and constitutional rights as the "rich", regardless of what.

Archived