Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Can someone point me to where the law says that if you applied prior to your CCL expiring and are still waiting for the state to review that your license is still valid even after expiration date?

I applied in early February and license expires next week. I printed out the paperwork from the ISP website showing that I renewed and paid, now coming up on 3 months prior to expiration date. I'm keeping that print out in my wallet just in case. But I also want to print out what the law says about it still being valid beyond expiration date so long as you renewed prior to that.

Here's the URL: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=3497&ChapterID=39

You'll find this within:

(430 ILCS 66/70)( c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

Day 92 (with prints) still sitting at under review approved, not yet active. What is my recourse? Is this normal?

Its not that abnormal. They did have 90 days with prints. If approved your card is probably awaiting the batch it is in to get sent to printer. Then it will get sorted, organized and sent to the USPS to go out for delivery. By the time you could get in contact with anyone you will probably have the new card.

Day 119 submitted without prints. No change at all during that time. Ugh.
==========================================================
Status Issued Expiration Number
Under Review n/a n/a Pending

I did the Inspect Element "trick" and this is what was there - <span class="APPROVED">Under Review</span> so I am guessing it is Approved. It is kind of archaic way of seeing status though.

I did the Inspect Element "trick" and this is what was there - <span class="APPROVED">Under Review</span> so I am guessing it is Approved. It is kind of archaic way of seeing status though.

I'm more of a "View Page Source" kind of guy but I don't see APPROVED anywhere in the source so yours is different. Nearing 100.

Applied Jan 10 no prints

It's been 118 days, still not QC verified

Checked today, 119 days says Under review, but this time the inspect element says "Approved">Under Review<

With many batches of cards being printed on Fridays, do you think it would be printed out tomorrow, or is the background check still not done (that this was only the QC verified)

Exp 3/10 (original prints)

2/7 Renewed 2/7, went "under review" shortly after

5/9 stillshows UR, but Insect Element is "under review, APROVED" (or 5/8 - couldn't check). Looks like 90 days exactly (if my math is correct) to this point.

"Reserved for updates" (Mauserme, IC) wink, wink

I am now at 127 days (no prints) with no change - still same status as above. I sent an email to ASK_CCL@isp.state.il.us, but I am still not holding my breath.

Under Review n/a[/size] n/a[/size] Pending[/size]

I am now at 127 days (no prints) with no change - still same status as above. I sent an email to ASK_CCL@isp.state.il.us, but I am still not holding my breath.

Did you make any changes or corrections after submitting your application?

Under Review n/a[/size] n/a[/size] Pending[/size]

About the same as mine. Still waiting and past the 120 days they are using to delay.

Archived