HJR0070 - NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY

InterestedBystander

Unfortunately, I don't believe that would work. Too many states (NY, CA, NJ, IL, etc.) would get up in arms and scream about "state's rights".

That's a possibility, but one that could open the door to fewer restrictions on the right to carry. A case like this could be used to establish that there's a right to carry a firearm in public, and could be used to force all may-issue states into adopting shall-issue.

That's a good point. Anything pro-gun in the ILGA, regardless of its legally binding authority, is a good thing.

Immediately after Scalise was shot, I saw a bunch of GOP on TV talking about how THEY need the right to protect themselves. What about us? That's a slap in the face. Essentially stating "my life is more important than yours, Average American." Believe Mo Brooks was the one who came out and said everyone needs the right to carry.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I got a call from the RNC a few days ago asking if I'd take a quick 3 minute survey about Trump's performance so far. I imagine they were going to ask me for money at the end too.

I politely said to the girl on the phone that I'm not going to answer any questions or give the RNC any more money until we get 50-state reciprocity and a replacement for Obamacare passed. You have your marching orders. I then hung up the phone.

No doubt the answers to the questions are ignored anyway. It's just a way to make people think the politicians are listening to their concerns. Republicans have been running on repealing Obamacare since 2010. We gave them the House...then the Senate...then the White House (and the Supreme Court). There are no more excuses. Until they do the things they've promised to do, I have no use for them.

Archived