Trying to find the market price for a couple of guns

jamiphar

Hey everyone. I'm trying to buy a couple of guns from a family member and I want to find the fair market price for them.

The first one is a Ruger 10/22 Carbine Bicentennial, made in 1976. Barrel is stamped "MADE IN THE 200th YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY." Good condition, maybe 7.5-8/10.

Second up is a Remington Wingmaster 870 2-3/4". My best guess is it was made in 1979. Excellent condition, 9/10.

He also has a .32 caliber revolver, but I don't know the model yet. I'll post it here once I know.

Any insight would be appreciated!

$150-250 on the Ruger. $250-350 in the Wingmaster Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with the Badger on the 10/22. However, the price of the Wingmaster seems low to me.

If in "excellent" condition (98%) , I'd place it from $400 to $500 - new ones are over $700. JMHO...

That said, nothing's worth more than what you can get out of it!

Sign up for an account on gunbroker.com Once a member, sign in and use the advanced search function to find a similar item...sort by highest number of bids and it’ll get you an idea... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. See what they're actually selling for (not just what they're asking). It's the best way to understand the current market value.

Great suggestions to search gunbroker sales! Here's what I found:

Looking at recent listings on for this model of shotgun (Remington Wingmaster 870 12Ga 2-3/4”), it seems like they’ve been selling for $350-$400 depending on condition. This seems to be in better condition than most of the ones I’ve seen, so I'd think something closer to $400 would be more accurate. Rural King sells a similar model (with the addition of decorative engraving on the receiver) new for $799.97 plus tax.

Searching in the same way for the rifle (Ruger 10/22 Carbine with walnut stock), I found prices ranging from $155-$250. The condition of those examples seems to match this one pretty closely. Some come with scopes and extended magazines and some are just the rifle and original magazine. Rural King sells a nearly identical model new for $229.99 plus tax.

Now that you're all warmed up, here comes a tricker one. :)

.32 caliber, Harrington and Richardson Arms. Worcester, Massachusetts, pearl grips. I'm going to try to get this in my hands so I can get some more info from it.

$299 for this very clean model: https://www.gunsamerica.com/934490707/H-R-Arms-Top-Break.htm

Archived