Revoked CCL due to Foid expired

Good afternoon,

Name is Al, I have been reading most of the forms messages about revoked CCL due to FOID expirations. I am one of those that stupidly forgot to renew my FOID.

I since renewed my FOID but my CCL has yet to be reinstated. My FOID was expired back on Aug 2, received my new Foid on Sep 9. I know i'm going to probably beat this horse to

death but does anyone know how long the review is to get the CCL reinstated? or can I appeal in person. I know the ispfsb website says you can not appeal in person.

any help would be appreciated. I have also called and spoken to I assume to the State Police on the 217-782-7980 line and was told it was under review and that a supervisor was

looking into it. Again any info would be appreciated.

Yes Molly,

I did file for an appeal and like I said I been checking the website and have made several phone calls, but again the only thing everyone is telling me is that its under review and that a supervisor is checking on it.

I have been calling in 2 week intervals to see if I get a different answer. I was also asked to send email too, which i have about 3 times too.

That's ridiculous. They should just issue a FOID and have a class system on the back, as they do with Driver's Licenses. Anything to make it more difficult, expensive and easy to screw up.

That would make to much sense though.

Yes Molly,

I did file for an appeal and like I said I been checking the website and have made several phone calls, but again the only thing everyone is telling me is that its under review and that a supervisor is checking on it.

I have been calling in 2 week intervals to see if I get a different answer. I was also asked to send email too, which i have about 3 times too.

You've been waiting about 2 or so months?

Yes Molly,

You've been waiting about 2 or so months?

Yes I have been waiting for about 2 months or so, the other issue is I know my CCL expires next yr March. So now I really dont know whats going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am in the exact same boat and have been commenting/ following this other thread:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69706&page=1

Have been waiting on my appeal since 9/10/2018 and not heard a word after several calls and VMs. I have not even gotten through to talk to someone. I don't know what to do at this point, is it a lost cause? Contact like a constitutional lawyer? lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I've got the same issue. My FOID expired in August of 2018 and I renewed it the same day I got the letter. I also appealed my CCL revocation the day I saw that my FOID was valid again. I received my new FOID on September 9th but my CCL still says Appeal Under Review. Any idea how long this should take? Do I have any other recourse besides calling and emailing since I get no response? Thanks.

Another in the same boat. FOID expired end of October. Got the threatening letter in late November. Immediately renewed the FOID. FOID became active late December. Appealed online at that time. CCL has been in "Appeal Under Review" status since then. Would be nice if the original people in this thread could give us an update on their situation. Trying to contact the ISP seems hopeless. It seems this could go on for months, or even years, given the work ethic (or lack thereof) of the ISP.

Sorry guy been out of commission for a while. So you all have seen how long I had been waiting for my CCL... well i did receive it at the end of DEC. So just an fyi there is hope at the end of the tunnel. I still dont know what are the requirements to get it back sooner than what I did I will say I did have some help from Molly B. Thanks again for all your guys watching this tread.

Sorry guy been out of commission for a while. So you all have seen how long I had been waiting for my CCL... well i did receive it at the end of DEC. So just an fyi there is hope at the end of the tunnel. I still dont know what are the requirements to get it back sooner than what I did I will say I did have some help from Molly B. Thanks again for all your guys watching this tread.

Thanks for the update.

This was posted on Facebook by a Firearms dealer/CCL instructor. The person who had the CCL Revoked because of the Expired FOID, would have to make the call!!! If you can get someone to answer the phone!!!!

***ATTENTION*** Conceal Carry Permit Holders if you allow your FOID card to expire and receive notice from the ISP that your CCL has been suspended. Please DO NOT attempt to go through the appeals process on the FOID/CCL website.

Follow these instructions:
1.) Immediately submit an application for renewal of your FOID.
2.) Contact ISP firearms division by phone and request the CCL to be re-activated.

*** If you do submit an appeal request of your CCL through the "CCL Appeals process" it will have to go through the entire process! It may take up to several months.
*** I have just been made aware of this issue and want to get the word out. Please like and share!

This was posted on Facebook by a Firearms dealer/CCL instructor. The person who had the CCL Revoked because of the Expired FOID, would have to make the call!!! If you can get someone to answer the phone!!!!

***ATTENTION*** Conceal Carry Permit Holders if you allow your FOID card to expire and receive notice from the ISP that your CCL has been suspended. Please DO NOT attempt to go through the appeals process on the FOID/CCL website.

Follow these instructions:

1.) Immediately submit an application for renewal of your FOID.

2.) Contact ISP firearms division by phone and request the CCL to be re-activated.

*** If you do submit an appeal request of your CCL through the "CCL Appeals process" it will have to go through the entire process! It may take up to several months.

*** I have just been made aware of this issue and want to get the word out. Please like and share!

The letter I got from the ISP said my CCL was revoked, not suspended. I don't know if that makes a difference, or the person on facebook is using the terms interchangeably. And, of course, they don't answer the phone, so...

The letter I got from the ISP said my CCL was revoked, not suspended. I don't know if that makes a difference, or the person on facebook is using the terms interchangeably. And, of course, they don't answer the phone, so...

Prior to Jan. 1 this year, the term was revoked. Hopefully it is now transitioned to suspended?

Prior to Jan. 1 this year, the term was revoked. Hopefully it is now transitioned to suspended?

It just says "Appeal Under Review" with the application number on the dashboard. My letter was from the last week of Nov. There is a big difference between "revoked" and "suspended". I hope they have changed the terminology going forward, as it was very misleading.

Maybe the ISP has gone to using suspended to streamline the process when someone's FOID expires. That would likely save them a lot of work oh and actually make some sense.

Another in the same boat here. FOID was renewed in early November and CCL has been in the "Appeal Under Review" status for almost 4 months now. Based upon what I have read in this thread it may be key to get in touch with the ISP via phone, though I have tried this on three different occasions now, months apart using the 217-782-7980 telephone number. I always get the instructions regarding leaving a message and then a message that the mailbox is full preventing a message from being left. Attempting to reach someone on another extension results in the "higher than normal call volume" message. [Normal must be zero].

Wondering if anyone has had success in making contact via other vectors. . .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update from ISP, this is encouraging. When a CCL is revoked due to FOID expiring, the licensee will receive a letter to request a REVIEW instead of filing an APPEAL. (see attached form).

I suggest to those whose CCL was revoked due to FOID expiring and have not received their CCL yet - to fill out this form and send it in. it might help . . . .?

CCL Review Form (expired FOID).pdf

Archived