Rep. Hammond to Host FOID Workshops

mauserme

https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/20191121/rep-hammond-to-host-foid-workshops

Rep. Hammond to host FOID workshops

By Jared DuBach, Voice Correspondent

Posted Nov 21, 2019 at 2:31 PM

MACOMB Rep. Norine Hammonds office still host three Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) assistance events in December for those who may need help applying or renewing their FOID card.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and safe, responsible gun ownership, I am committed to making sure that gun owners in the 93rd District are able to apply for and renew their FOID cards in a timely manner, said Rep. Hammond, R-Macomb. Navigating the FOID card application process can be difficult, especially since Illinois State Police no longer accepts paper applications. It is one of the most common questions our office gets from area residents. If you need assistance with the FOID card application process or have questions, consider attending one of our upcoming events.

Monday, Dec. 2

11 a.m.- 1 p.m.

Beardstown Houston Memorial Library

13 Boulevard Rd., Beardstown

Tuesday, Dec. 3

11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Brown County Public Library

143 W. Main St., Mt. Sterling

Thursday, Dec. 5

11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Havana Public Library District

201 W. Adams St., Havana

The events are free and open to the public. Attendees should bring a drivers license or state-issued ID card and Illinois State Police online account access username and password. Those who are unable to attend any of these three events may schedule an appointment with Rep. Hammonds office staff in Macomb at 331 N. Lafayette St. or call 309-836-2707 to discuss the application process over the phone.

FOID cards will not be issued onsite, as only Illinois State Police can issue cards.

Rep. Hammond has voted against recent gun control bills, which would triple the length of the waiting period for all firearm purchases, increase fees and require extra licensing requirements for gun dealers; and require fingerprints for FOID applicants, as well as quadruple FOID fees.

Reminds me of baseball, hot dogs, and apple pie - what the wholesome fabric of our country used to be. In this day, seems like memories of that favorite grandfather that passed 40 years ago.

I wish my kids could have known that unlike the confused gender kneeling corrupt power broker B.S. we have to day.

Archived