Had to shake my head today.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kemikos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

So today I had two guys at work say that their CCL instructor told them that having a CCL means that the police can search your house anytime without a warrant.

It was just a passing comment, I didn't have a chance to get details (I'll try Monday). I know one said his instructor was an ex-cop.

Makes me wonder what other nonsense they were taught...

#2 Quiet Observer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

I will take a wild guess and say that they were probably referring to this clause from section 30 of the FCCA concerning the application process.

(3) a waiver of the applicant's privacy and confidentiality rights and privileges under all federal and state laws, including those limiting access to juvenile court, criminal justice, psychological, or psychiatric records or records relating to any institutionalization of the applicant, and an affirmative request that a person having custody of any of these records provide it or information concerning it to the Department. The waiver only applies to records sought in connection with determining whether the applicant qualifies for a license to carry a concealed firearm under this Act, or whether the applicant remains in compliance with the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act; 

​They probably did not get past the first comma.  Possibly they were just making a tongue in cheek remark and someone took it literally.

#3 gangrel

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

I will take a wild guess and say that they were probably referring to this clause from section 30 of the FCCA concerning the application process.

(3) a waiver of the applicant's privacy and confidentiality rights and privileges under all federal and state laws, including those limiting access to juvenile court, criminal justice, psychological, or psychiatric records or records relating to any institutionalization of the applicant, and an affirmative request that a person having custody of any of these records provide it or information concerning it to the Department. The waiver only applies to records sought in connection with determining whether the applicant qualifies for a license to carry a concealed firearm under this Act, or whether the applicant remains in compliance with the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act; 

​They probably did not get past the first comma.  Possibly they were just making a tongue in cheek remark and someone took it literally.

I'd like to think so, but considering some of the lunacy I have heard some of my fellow instructors teaching, sadly, I doubt it.  The fact that the instructors were cops does not work in their favor on this one.

NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety
ISP Approved Firearm Concealed Carry Instructor

Utah CCW Instructor

#4 BigJim

• Members
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Given some recent court rulings I tend to agree with the person quoted by the OP.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users