Despicable Niles

Mr. Fife

Many of you may remember the Niles meeting on June 24. This is when the village was going to vote on the range, but then postponed the vote so that it could be sent to the zoning board.

If you were there, or watching online, you may remember that they bumped it to the top of the agenda, voted to send it back to zoning, then asked the people to leave if they want to. Most of the pro-gunners left at that point because they told us that it wouldn't be brought up until after they heard from the zoning board.

Well surprise!

While searching for tonight's tape I ran across the tape from that night. Guess what happened after we all left? Watch the tape below. You can scrub the video to the beginning if you want to watch when they dismissed us, otherwise watch from where this link starts...

Despicable anti-gunners!

http://home.vniles.com/NTV/NTV-Player.asp?V=84&T=4944

I can't view on my iPhone. What exactly happened? I'm guessing the antis were given a chance to sound off ?

Yes, they all gave testimony against the gun range even though the subject was dismissed and everyone was told they could leave since it wouldn't be brought up until the next meeting.

Note to myself... next time don't leave and stick around to give closing remarks.

Dirty pool indeed, that's how the game is played though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the question is whether they just figured out that they could stay and talk anyway, or whether one of the board members clued them in ahead of time. If they're residents they may have seen this maneuver before, but who knows.

Archived