New bill

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 JTHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

In various feeds I have read, they have combined H.R. 38 (Reciprocity) with the "Fix NICS" bill and this is a very bad bill.  "Fix NICS" has support from, among others, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and the Brady VPC.

If that isn't enough to scare you, you may be already dead.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#32 kwc

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

In various feeds I have read, they have combined H.R. 38 (Reciprocity) with the "Fix NICS" bill and this is a very bad bill.  "Fix NICS" has support from, among others, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and the Brady VPC.

Lots of discussion on that in this thread:

http://illinoiscarry...topic=67282&hl=

“Fix NICS” mandates federal agencies comply with existing law, and encourage states to participate in reporting to NICS people who are already prohibited persons under the current law.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#33 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

I agree 1000%

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#34 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

Ok now if it does end up being like "The bill ensures all law-abiding Americans who qualify for concealed carry permits in their state can exercise their 2A rights in any state", say if i moved to indiana and obtained a ccw there then moved back to Illinois, would my old ccw from indiana stay valid in Illinois becuase i was a resident of indiana or would i have to reapply in Illinois once i move back?

Just looking for possible loophole. Voluntarily went to rehab last year becuase of a drinking problem, been clean ever since but lost my 2a rights for 5 years in the process. My buddy lives in indiana and never had a problem getting a ccw after rehab.

If it passes, just get an AZ DL. Valid until you're 65, and you'd be able to carry (and drive) in all 50! No stupid renewals on DL AND CWP every couple years too!

edit: I must say/admit though, I REALLY hope this one does NOT pass - not with this HR 4477 crap (er whatever the number was from the fix ncis bill)!

Edited by BShawn, 23 December 2017 - 03:24 AM.

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#35 OldMarineVet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

sending pm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users